News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Brake Caliper servicing

Started by R0B, April 12, 2011, 11:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R0B

Just in the process of rejuvenating the brakes...........put my air line on, it took 65psi to pop the pistons out..........and it did POP them out!!

There was a load of sludge behind the pistons. This had been evident in the master cylinder, but I sucked it out with a syringe and then flushed the system...............obviously it didn't flush!!

The end result will hopefully shortly be like new brakes..............I'm going to do my other bike as well.............

Rob

NeilD

pistons were all ok on both the Tiger and TBS this year, just pumped them out far enough to degunge 'em, however the sliders were siezed/sticky on the Tiger..  I bought a tool last year for removing reluctant ones, it sits inside the piston so you can get a grip... fortunately not had a chance to try it out yet!

rybes

that sounds like a good toy/tool you got there neil. whered ya get it from qand can i get one. dont care if i ever use it, i can say i got one tho :D
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

NeilD

Quote from: "rybes"i can say i got one tho :D

:D  same here.. treated myself for my birthday!

its made by seeley.. got mine here..

http://www.ccw-tools.com/Sealey-Power-T ... 2552-2890/