News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Trip to Derbyshire/Matlock and surrounding area.

Started by kraftykarper, April 18, 2011, 07:25:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kraftykarper

Been a few times on 4 wheels, but never on the Tiger.

Meeting up with my son in June at Alfreton for a weekend ride in the Matlock area.

Son has a CBR so wont be keeping up with him!!

Any suggestions for good roads to ride? Things to look at? obviously fish n chips at Matlock just has to be done!

akey

When you looking at coming up mate, I live in Alfreton now  :shock:

As for roads, you really cant go wrong, but here is a quick guide for starters

http://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/images/Bik ... -71588.pdf

Thats the old guide but its pretty good still.

Just for info Op Focus is the police watching certain roads and this year they are

A57 Snake Pass – Glossop to Nether North Grain
• A624 - Chinley Head to Glossop
• A5004 Long Hill – Buxton to Fernilee
• A623  - Peak Forest to Stoney Middleton
• A621 Baslow to Owler Bar
• A54 and A537 - Buxton to Cat and Fiddle pub
• A6 - Buxton to Bakewell
• A619 - Bakewell to Chesterfield
• A515  - Buxton to Sudbury
• A5012 Via Gellia – Cromford to Elton Common
• A615 - Matlock to Alfreton

That said these are all great roads and can be enjoyed at legal speeds anyway, just keep your eyes peeled for the odd camera van or bike copper.

kraftykarper

Hi Akey,

Thanks for the reply, that guide is really useful.

My son did his lessons and test in the peaks, and has had a ride out there as well, I passed it on to him, and he said it looks good.

Were coming up on the first weekend in June 4th & 5th so maybe see you in Matlock on the saturday morning, around 11 ish where all the bikes park up opposit the river? I ride a blue 07 tiger, and my son will be on his red/white/black cbr600.

I've been away on a big holiday in California, but not on the bike unfortunatley, that would have been superb, the roads and scenery over there are fantastic. One day I might consider doing a biking holiday over there, but I think it would be quite costly, insurance wise. Out of San Francisco the roads are so open and free of traffic, the Big Sur, Highway 1 down the west coast would be the one to do.

Ahh well, dream on!!

akey

Glad it helped even if a little.

My Girly is in for a service on the 4th with CMC who are now in clay cross so I will be there first thing if you fancy a brew.

If not I may manage to get out for a quick trip somewhere on Sun to meet you mate.

kraftykarper

Hi Akey,

I'll find out where CMC are, and pop over there on the saturday morning, around 9.30?

Friday night after the ride from Norwich, dont think I'll be riding anywhere else that night!