News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New Tiger Aftermarket goodies!!!!!!

Started by Sasquatch, November 12, 2004, 09:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sasquatch

I am very pleased to announce that Happy Trails (http://www.happy-trail.com/) is now in possesion of my highly modded Tiger for reproduction.  Many of you have asked me to produce crash bars, skid plates, paniers etc. for you so now it is being done.  For photos of my bike with the gear, see: http://www.triumph-tiger.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=202

I will let you all know when they have the stuff finished/photos/information.  Should be within a couple of months (Christmas shopping???).

I have no relationship with Happy Trails except as a happy customer.  I am making no money from this venture.  Just happy that they will take my design and make it available to the masses.

Jay

Howlin

T/Jay,I just emailed Tim this week about getting ahold of you, and he mailed back two days later that he had, and would be getting started on the products!
Thanks for all the R&D.

newmanr19

awesome news Jay.. thanks for getting this going for the rest of us

phatcat

Jay, would you happen to know the likelihood of these crashbars and skid plate fitting a 2005 Tiger? I called Happy Trails and asked them, and they weren't sure as they didn't have access to a 2005 (they did say I could just send 'em back if they don't fit, so ultimately I can just do that if need be).

By the way, Happy Trails said they should be just a couple of weeks away from production. No pricing set as yet.

As perhaps somewhat of an indication of potential problems I might face, has anyone else successfully fit any of the other manufacturers' crash bars (Touratech, Thunderbike, etc.) to a 2005?

Supposedly the geometry of the 2005 has changed a bit, but not sure if it has changed such that crash-bar-fitting will be an issue or not.  Apparently it is an issue for the centerstand, for example, such that the 2004 one doesn't fit the 2005 bike...

Sasquatch

It should work fine.  They did not change the motor or main part of the frame, only the color and steering head geometry.  Tim is a great guy and if there is any problems he will give your money back.

They just finished a move into a new shop and that is why production is running late on this stuff.  My bike is sitting proudly on their showroom floor all shined up for their open house Saturday.  I will post photos.

Jay

tri99sprint

I am definetly interested in a set of panniers. Any rough idea when they will available? :?:

TIA
Chuck

Sasquatch

I would say a conservative estimate would be about a month.  But a call to Tim would install a sense of urgency.  Probably get him working on it faster.

I would also appreciate you dropping my name in the conversation (Jay).  He is doing all this because I convinced him of a need and I want to show him that I am getting the word out.

Tim Bernard (Happy Trails) 208-377-8771

Mudhen

Damn, Jay, I wish you had an early bike... :roll:
\'96 Steamer

tri99sprint

Quote from: "tigerjay"I would also appreciate you dropping my name in the conversation (Jay).  He is doing all this because I convinced him of a need and I want to show him that I am getting the word out.

Tim Bernard (Happy Trails) 208-377-8771

Will do, and thanks for all you've done.
Chuck