News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kin ALARM( Sorted now thanks BB)

Started by Timbox2, April 22, 2011, 02:43:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

F.....ing F....ing Alarm, I actually had the bike booked in a couple of weeks to get this removed, f...ing thing obviously knew, and has decided to go tits up, bastard thing kept going off, it would disarm with the fob, then go off again 20 seconds later. After 20 mins of trying everything, got the cowl off and stripped it out, then  proceeded to lay into it with a Manchester Spanner(Hammer), finally silenced the bastard, but now off course Ive an immobile Tiger, I know that some of you guys have managed to connect up without the approved plug, so HELP again. Bike is thankfully at home, so not a massive prob, just cant ride in this fab weather, please chaps if you are about, TA.
2016 Tiger Sport

Mustang

on a steamer you need to jump 1 wire is all ...........look at the wiring diagram for your Girly , I bet there is one wire that loops back in the "special plug "

Timbox2

Quote from: "Mustang"on a steamer you need to jump 1 wire is all ...........look at the wiring diagram for your Girly , I bet there is one wire that loops back in the "special plug "

Im sure your right mate, I need Bixxer Bob, hes done it, Ive got his number, ill keep trying.
2016 Tiger Sport

Timbox2

Bixxer to the rescue again, thanks John and sorry again for Interupting the Hols.

Yep, pretty simple really, though the cunning gits dont number the pins, and the numbers on the alarm plug are back to front, but after a couple of combinations got it, thank F..., the things gone. :D

Photo below shows manual override system for silencing alarm :lol:

2016 Tiger Sport

metalguru

BRILLIANT...did a similar reboot on a laptop and cured all my problems withit...lol

On a serious note was the alarm hard wired into the loom as I have a series 3 on mine and looks like the PO had it hard wired and loom rebound with loom tape, no probs at the mo but you never know.....
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Timbox2

Quote from: "metalguru"BRILLIANT...did a similar reboot on a laptop and cured all my problems withit...lol

On a serious note was the alarm hard wired into the loom as I have a series 3 on mine and looks like the PO had it hard wired and loom rebound with loom tape, no probs at the mo but you never know.....

No, on mine its was just a plug, and I used the alarm plug after cutting it off for the loopback, simples.
2016 Tiger Sport

Bixxer Bob

Glad I could help !!  :wink:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...