News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Hello from Derbyshire England

Started by Onanist, April 26, 2011, 10:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onanist

Been lurking a little while (picking a good forum for a new bike is nearly as important as picking the bike itself  :wink: ). I (hopefully) pick up my new Roadie tomorrow. Have to get 500 miles in for the service asap as off to Scotland on Sunday.

Any road up, looking forward to the chat's and the words of wisdom.

Andy

Nick Calne

Hello and welcome.  How about posting a pic or two of your bike in Scotland when you get there?   8)
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

BONANZA

Hello and welcome to the site. Hoping to get to Scotland myself this year. :D
05 Tiger
95 Speed Triple

Onanist

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Pictures from Scotland will definitely be uploaded, went last year on my TDM900 and the other half on her XT660X, this year it's tigers all the way, she took delivery of her 800XC yesterday and today I parked this up at home. Currently a very big moped until I can go past 3500 rpm :)

SelinaXC

Seeing as I'm Onanist's t'other half I may as well say Hi on the same post.

It's been an emotional 6 weeks waiting for my Phantom Black Tiger 800XC but finally picked her up yesterday.... she's everything I remember from the test ride I took in February and more, love her to bits.

500m service on Saturday when I'll get the Triumph bash plate and front fender extender. Also on order SWMotech engine bars, awaiting MTC or Fuel releasing an alternative exhaust then that's the major bits and pieces sorted out. Well for now at least!

PeteH

Hi to Onanist and Selina, Love the 1050`s in white...and the XC looks mean in black espesh with the black wheels.

Check out the Quill zurst on my www. one of our crew took his bike in and they used his bike as a template 8)
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

rf9rider

Howdy and welcome.
I like the white 1050.

aeronca

Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

daveb

I see Onanist and Selena you found the site, another TDM convert  :P

DaveB

Onanist

Hiya Dave, yep, 9'er sat in back garden awaiting a bit of a fettle on the clutch as it's sulking now I have the roadie and resists changing in to 3rd on the first attempt.

Much as I love the TDM, having now ridden the Tiger it just shows that Yamaha have now neglected it for far too long.

akey

Hi and welcome to anothe derbyshire tiger rider  :D

Glad you like the XC, took one for a test ride today its a great bike.  If you see a black 955i around give us a wave.

oh should say I'm from alfreton way  8)

Onanist

Hi akey, our paths must have crossed on the road at some point as we are in the Cross, keep your eyes open for a man barely in control of a white 1050  :D

Blackadder

I recognise the "Akey" moniker from another forum - hello from another rider of a black 955!

akey

Will keep an eye out for you mate  :D

daveb

Quote from: "Onanist"Hiya Dave, yep, 9'er sat in back garden awaiting a bit of a fettle on the clutch as it's sulking now I have the roadie and resists changing in to 3rd on the first attempt.

Much as I love the TDM, having now ridden the Tiger it just shows that Yamaha have now neglected it for far too long.

I agree, when we went out with CMC & Carpe boys, the tiger felt great comfy, etc. Mr Yamaha needs to bring the TDM up to date like they are with other models.