News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

98 Steamer $3800 SOLD

Started by JetdocX, April 28, 2011, 07:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Tosi

By chance do you have the stock top case?
Don't ever sell a Steamer !Steamers Rule!"

JetdocX

I do, but it's covered with stickers from the places I've been.  About three years ago, I took it apart because it was cracking out at the base.  Reassembled it with Gorilla Glue and it's been solid ever since.  It's just not very pretty. :lol:
From parts unknown.

Bob Tosi

Hey thanks. I sold mine to a guy in Santa Cru and he said it came cracked so I was looking for a new one.

Bob Tosi

So you're selling the Steamer to get one of the new ones?

JetdocX

Quote from: "Bob Tosi"So you're selling the Steamer to get one of the new ones?

Yes.  Do not go ride one.  Resist.  It's better that way.
From parts unknown.

CoolHandLuke

Quote from: "JetdocX"Yes.  Do not go ride one.  Resist.  It's better that way.

I have put over 400 miles on the new 800's and I wouldn't swap :)

Don't get me wrong, the 800 is a lovely bike, I just miss the weight of the old girl - especially in crosswinds.

JetdocX

Shameless bump back up to the top.

Seriously, guys.  You can buy a bike that's had all the work done to it, or suffer through it yourself bit by bit and end up with more $$$ into the bike than it's worth.  Or do the smart thing and buy this one.  Just sayin'.

This is in reference to all the broken Steamers in that forum. :wink:
From parts unknown.