News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

98 Steamer $3800 SOLD

Started by JetdocX, April 28, 2011, 07:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JetdocX

I don't want to do it, but I test rode a new 800XC and the Steamer must go.  No more room in the garage.

Color:  British Racing Green
Mileage:  54,000 (but it is a daily rider for me so this may change slightly)
Goodies:  Heated grips, SW Motech center stand, Nology coils, Deka sealed battery, custom stainless brake hoses, stock rear case, Mustang low pegs, Penske Racing rear shock, front forks modified by Traxxion Dynamics (re-spring + emulators),  Galfer wave rotors (front), Wolfman tank bag, Michelin Anakee II tires with lots of wear left, pod filters installed on the intake snorkels keep dust out of the expensive main air filter.

I have the maintenance records from when I bought the bike at 22,000 miles from CaStu.  The cylinder head experienced valve recession right around the 35,000 mile mark.  The valves and seals were replaced, but the problem re-occurred within 6000 miles.  I removed the cylinder head and sent it to Andy at Metric Motors in Houston where the valve seats were cut out and new copper-stellite seats and valves installed.  It was an expensive fix, but I could not locate a serviceable cylinder head at the time.  New head gasket and cylinders re-sealed at that time as well.

The bike has been over on its right side a few times at low speed on the trail and there is some slight cosmetic damage to the side panel and  hand guard.  The right muffler heat shield is bent from landing on my boot during one of these extra-vehicular excursions.

Mechanically, the bike is sound and ready for then next weekend adventure.  I've ridden this bike for a long time and would not think twice about taking off to hell and back with it.  The suspension makes the difference, really. <!-- s:wink: -->:wink:<!-- s:wink: -->

Better photos available here:
http://jetdoc.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Tiger-for-Sale/16812815_MJK3fw#1268692863_8WxMmCB
From parts unknown.

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Mustang

$$$$$????????????? :?:

ramseybella

HockleyBoy

Quote from: "ramseybella"How much? :roll:

The clue is in the title  :D
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

ramseybella

Quote from: "HockleyBoy"

Ouch!!
Hello? :?

JetdocX

Quote from: "ramseybella"
Quote from: "HockleyBoy"

Ouch!!
Hello? :?

I edited the title after Mustang's little reminder.   :D
From parts unknown.

Mustang

any bites or do you really secretly want to keep it ? (you know you'll be lost without it the green pig ) :wink:

JetdocX

Any bites?  No one knows what it is.  I get the "How did you like the new XC?" questions from the craigslist suspects.  A couple of nibbles from ADVRider.  I'm not holding my breath.

It took me six weeks to sell my son's XR50.  Trying to sell Cos's slightly used helmet for the same amount of time.  Nobody's buying anything right now, I guess.  

So I'll hang onto it until somebody wants it.  Doesn't matter much.  This bike doesn't cost me much to own and ride.  Can't get my hands on an XC for at least four-six months.  I'd be pretty sad without a DS bike during that time. :cry:

It's probably just fate allowing Triumph production to catch up with demand. :roll:
From parts unknown.

Mustang

wow you are not kidding about the craigslist losers
I have been getting some serious MORONS calling or emailing about my honda 450 . I could have traded for a clapped out chevy at least 10 dozen times so far  :ImaPoser

harre

You didn't list the windscreen as a goodie, but maybe you forgot? It's not as high as many others but look sharp. How does it work for you? Is it a Powerbronze or  a Secdem/Bullster or what?

JetdocX

It's a cut down version of a Powerbronze screen.  It works really well for me. 8)
From parts unknown.

Bob Tosi

Holy Crap! are you freakin' kidding me!  Are you really selling it?   Man I know it can be a love/hate relationship but I seriously think you'll regret it.

Is it still there?
Don't ever sell a Steamer !Steamers Rule!"

Spud

Nice looking bike and one hell of a shine on that floor, good luck with the sale cheers Spud  :wink:

JetdocX

Quote from: "Bob Tosi"Holy Crap! are you freakin' kidding me!  Are you really selling it?   Man I know it can be a love/hate relationship but I seriously think you'll regret it.

Is it still there?

It's time.  I'm sure of it.  Although I'm surely going to miss it. :cry:
From parts unknown.