News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tourance tyres and me

Started by BruKen, April 28, 2011, 02:28:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruKen

:? On my GS and other dualies I loved tourance (not exp) tyres. Great grip wet and dry and if there was any better tyres out there I didnt feel the need to change. On my steamer though the rear Tourance behaves badly. It looses grip really quickly on braking entering a skid when hard pressed and has this little skip and slip in fast corners at moderate (not deep) lean. Seems the flat spot that a tyre develops is just about as wide as the water dispersal line edging the blocks that follows the start of the outer edge of the tyre which combined with acceptable flattening seems leave half the rubber on the road than normal. This seems to be peculiar to the 140 size rim. I never noticed it with 150's. So I have this dillema. Lean far and lean hard and maintain grip or wobble and slip if half arsed. It really blows the wind up my bum. :x
I've read through the tyre sticky and Conti trail attacks seem to please everyone but Jet Dox, which is actually an endorsement imho, but then I'm not sure what tigger they all ride. Any steamer riders here had any similar issues with tourances, is it me, the suspension, why have I made a hash of this one? What do you think of the Conti TAs? Anakee seems to have a lot of mixed reports and Conti scored really well with independant tyre testers against the usual suspects....but on a GS...with it's 150...

:wink: just make life easy for me and give me simple cures please

rybes

cany say bout tourances. had em on there a while ago but cant remeber what they were like. i got anakees on it now and there crap. aint ridden it very hard and im already on the edge of the tyre. as soon as there dead ill be lookin a set of contis. never go off road with it so id rather have a sticky tyre. maybe in the future ill might get meself a 1050 front end and rear for me tiger so i can have 17s all round. dont wanna go the 3 spoke route, rather stay with tiger stuff from a later model.
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

NeilD

thats odd ref the Tourance as when I had the standard size on there I  always found  it felt nice and stable, in some ways more so than my Thunderbird Sport which has Avon Storms.. not had much chance to compare it with the larger rim/tyre as yet..

Jaythro

150 squeezed on rear rim does me fine

No Issues even that day we met I was pressing hard thru some wet adn cold bits on the way to the boat and had no issues