News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Hello from Derbyshire England

Started by Onanist, April 26, 2011, 10:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akey

Quote from: "Blackadder"I recognise the "Akey" moniker from another forum - hello from another rider of a black 955!

Hia blacky thought it was you  8)

Sin_Tiger

Brilliant another Tiger family, if you are going through Anyshire drop in, details in the Freebeer sticky  8)  8)
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Onanist

As promised a couple of pics from Scotland, rode up on 500 miles, now fully runin on over 2000  :D

daveb

Quote from: "Onanist"

Onanist, looks like your taking a quick leak in the lake  :shock:

great photos, so your Tiger and Selina's Tiger went well, how did it compare to the old TDM?

Onanist

Pluses for the 1050.
Handles like a dream even at low speed. Last year on the TDM I struggled to keep up with Selina on the XTX on the small tracks, this year was no problem what so ever keeping up with the XC
The torque from the 1050 is just amazing, letting you just bang it in 5th or 6th and roll the throttle.
Comfier, we did the home run all the way from Cannich to Chesterfield in one, last year we broke it up by stopping overnight in either Northumberland or the Lakes. Stopping only for the odd coffee and a smoke, my backside wasn't dead by the time of getting home.

Things I miss from the TDM.
Luggage hooks, not a biggie but does make strapping the big dry sack on easier.
The 200+ Tank mile range and the big cat can eat fuel when giving it some. Oddly though I got better MPG on the twistie small tracks than Selina did on the 800XC.
Smooth gearbox (but I'm getting used to this characteristic of the big cat)

Overall I'm very pleased with my move to the Tiger, loving the bike now that I have spent the time getting to know her over the last 2K miles. In fact Selina and I were sat outside the tent one night having a dram (you have to in Scotland) discussing the fact that the 1050 is a complete bike when it rolls out the showroom, all the little things I've ever done to my bikes to personalise them have already been done as standard, braided hoses, bellypan, rear hugger etc. Considering putting a Fuel exhaust on her but not sure as the heat plate on the standard exhaust protects the soft luggage. But I know that without the cat in them, the Fuels do not get as hot.