News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Another Stator question

Started by Guest, May 10, 2011, 07:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Looks like my stator is toast, after reading through the charging system posts my plan is;

- Rewind from Custom Rewinds
- New R/R from Ricks Motorsport
- Voltage fix according to Sasquatch

Any new information or anything I am missing ?

Thanks

Totos Tiger

Ricks sells stators too.  They are great to work with!!

Put a digital voltmeter on it when you put it back together so you can monitor it.

Quote from: "Totos Tiger"Ricks sells stators too.  They are great to work with!!

Put a digital voltmeter on it when you put it back together so you can monitor it.

I was looking at the stator on Ricks but looks like a rewind with the coating would be the better way to go. Will order a volt meter as well,thanks.

AK Tiger

I got the rewound stator the first time (!) the charging system went south.  I went with Rick's the second time and haven't had a problem since.  Just sayin'....
Darrell
IBA 16091
2005 Tiger
2002 Tiger (Deceased - Killed by a suicidal caribou)

oxnsox

Get your Battery tested... you may need to replace that as well....
And if you do buy a quality one
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

brad1098

Eliminate all plastic connections.  Solder and heat shrink.

Make sure you use a Maxi Fuse block rated at 80a with a 30a fuse installed.  Anything smaller will meltdown  :(  experienced by more than one of us.
02 black-Lorna

Kraftsman 73

You mention the MAXI fuse holder as described in the Sasquatsh voltage fix.

"Make sure you use a Maxi Fuse block rated at 80a with a 30a fuse installed. Anything smaller will meltdown   experienced by more than one of us."

Can you provide me with a source of said fuse holder?
Thanks,
Kraftsman 73