News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Help Info needed re fuel filter replacement

Started by Tigertriple, May 19, 2011, 10:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigertriple

I have been looking on the sticky how to topics and need a little bit of info on whether or not I will need to replace the seal on the fuel tank when I replace the fuel filter. I also would like to know what the torque settings are for this job

I am also planning to do a carb balance at the same time.  As there is only one fuel line on the 2006 Tiger, can  anyone tell me what parts I would need to buy to make up an extension fuel line.

I know I could get away with not extending the line but it will make the job a bit easier.

Please check out my seperate post on Opie Fuels re their discounts on fuel filters and oil.

Cheers :D
2006, 955 Tiger Caspian blue with lot\'s of juicy extras

iansoady

I didn't bother replacing the gasket (mind you I didn't bother replacing the fuel filter either as everything in there was pristine). The gasket is an excellent resilient item and no leaks.

WRT torque figures, I just used a screwdriver-type handle to do the screws up and did them what I'd call "firm".
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Tigertriple

Quote from: "iansoady"I didn't bother replacing the gasket (mind you I didn't bother replacing the fuel filter either as everything in there was pristine). The gasket is an excellent resilient item and no leaks.

WRT torque figures, I just used a screwdriver-type handle to do the screws up and did them what I'd call "firm".

Thanks for the info :D

Timbox2

Quote from: "Tigertriple"I have been looking on the sticky how to topics and need a little bit of info on whether or not I will need to replace the seal on the fuel tank when I replace the fuel filter. I also would like to know what the torque settings are for this job

I am also planning to do a carb balance at the same time.  As there is only one fuel line on the 2006 Tiger, can  anyone tell me what parts I would need to buy to make up an extension fuel line.

I know I could get away with not extending the line but it will make the job a bit easier.

Please check out my seperate post on Opie Fuels re their discounts on fuel filters and oil.

Cheers :D

What Ian said re the gasket, Ive got a spare hanging up but didnt bother using it as the old one was fine.

Re  extensions, you dont need em If your careful, I found that if you snip the zipties and unravel the fuel pump connector line both the fuel line and said fuel pump line just reach if you have the tank propped up on a workmate or similar on the R/H side of the bike.
2016 Tiger Sport

Tigertriple

Thanks for the tips guy's. I've ordered a filter and will be tackling the job in the next few days. Also bought a Morgan carbtune so I'll balance the throttle bodies at the same time.

A point to mention also is that Opie have the best deal around for K&N air filter cleaning kits. I got one for £7.50 so that's another job to add to the list while the tanks off. Ah the joys of tinkering   :D