News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

OMG!!! - I am a harley owner now

Started by akendall1966, May 28, 2011, 10:08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akendall1966

The dangers of surfing the web when bored at work, is; you find stuff and it becomes way more appealing than it ought to; and you find yourself sticking in a low bid for fun (that'll never be accepted surely :oops: ) on ex-government vehicles tender sales......results in a little brother for the Tiger.

Pleasing thing is I put some fuel in gave it a jump start from the wifes car and it fired up right away and ran. Just got to replace the gravy they seem to have substituted for oil in the motor before giving  a proper test. :lol:
----AK-----

daveb

nice,  :D  nice front cases

had a look at their site too - interesting

Nick Calne

Phew that's not too bad...   8)

From the title of the thread I thought something dreadful had happened.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Bixxer Bob

Errr, just had a look and the ones available are around £750,  how silly was silly then???? :lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

akendall1966

The auctions seem to start at £700 - they were having a tender sale last week so you make your offer and see what you get. I went in under the auction prices on a couple and got this one.

Still there is plenty to go around up there....

They seem to meter them out a few a week in auctions and about 10 per tender sale. I suppose if they flood the market with that little lot the prices would collapse.

Just go to find something SA80 sized to fit in the gun scabard.
----AK-----

NeilD

Quote from: "akendall1966"Just go to find something SA80 sized to fit in the gun scabard.

baguettes..  :D

350 or 500 ?

akendall1966

Quote from: "NeilD"baguettes..  :D

Bingo - its the perfect fast food delivery bike, a couple of pizza each side in the front box and a bunch of subs in the gun scabbard. :5moped

Cheers Neil  :ImaPoser

PS its a 350 '95 vintage
----AK-----

aeronca

thats freakin awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

oxnsox

Lucky you were able to get the fastest colour.....
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

akendall1966

Quote from: "oxnsox"Lucky you were able to get the fastest colour.....

Apparently not only the fast colour paint, but has some special anti-inferred properties. So if I ever find my self pursued by the law in the fancy helicopter with night vision they will be completely confused by the image of a bloke doing 50 on a flying exhaust pipe. Those military type are just way too smart.
----AK-----

Bixxer Bob

I take it you are referring to infra-red reflective or IRR paint Ady.  As you say, clever stuff  :wink:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

akendall1966

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"I take it you are referring to infra-red reflective or IRR paint Ady.  As you say, clever stuff  :wink:

Yeah that'll be the stuff I reckon - you got a move date yet? If you need a hand with anything give us a shout.
----AK-----

Bixxer Bob

Nah, the Land Registry can't give us any idea when they'll sort the boundary drawings so I've asked the seller's solicitor to get the neighbours to agree the changes in writing.  If they'll do that we'll go ahead on the basis that the LR will catch up eventually.

Thanks for the offer though  :wink:

Colonel Nikolai

Wow, only in england can you get such a cool American bike :(
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.

CoolHandLuke

Quote from: "Colonel Nikolai"96 Tiger and Sprint, serving as a bad example of what not to do for other early Hinckley owners, if nothing more.

"Serving as a good example of what not to do..."

Or

"Serving as a bad example of what to do..."

(sorry  :roll:)