News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tune ECU for economy

Started by tonuptiger, June 02, 2011, 08:10:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

On X-Man's  dyno mine on stock off-road map is lean at 4-6000 rpm so I would guess that'll be the place to get best mpg....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

metalguru

Same here, :iagree  I'll drink to that
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

cosmo

I've gotten enough miles on to make a statement on the fuel mileage.
Bike: '06 with 43 tooth rear (3 less), stock front (18?? IDK).
Before tune at 25K, would regularly go 240 miles before low fuel light came on. Exactly 240, most times, kinda eerie, or I ride the same alla time. Comes in at 45 mpUSg (4 quarts per)

Tune consisted of: new plugs, new air filter, and I cut out the restrictor in the airbox.

Now: 255 miles 'til light on generally, never less than 250, occasionally more. This'll be 47-48 mpUSg. Paid for the parts in just a couple tanksfull.

I ride rather conservative, upshift at 3000-3500 rpm and rarely over 65 mph. I've also found that clutchless upshifts, which I usually practice, seem to lead to even tyre life, as I've gone through two sets of Anakees now, and both front and rear were worn down similarly at each change.

As usual, YMMV.

Cosmo
Life is too important to be taken seriously.