News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

TT2011

Started by Chris Canning, June 02, 2011, 10:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

For you Brits ITV4 9pm most nights.

Bixxer Bob

Already on the planner Chris  :D

Last night's intro for the uninitiated was pretty good I thought.

I haven't been for a couple of years so might have to make the effort next year  :wink:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

While killing myself on a bike has always been optional for me,having some foreign twat coming round a corner on my side of the road at the IOM is not my ideal.

But we normally fly over to stay with friends at Bradden,last time was the centenary,out of B'Ham on the friday back the following friday £118 return PP,this year came to book in january £420PP  :shock:,their coming over here next month!!.

And for anyone in Europe next month we'll be at the Spa Classic first 3 days in July.

JetdocX

Quote from: "Chris Canning"While killing myself on a bike has always been optional for me,having some foreign twat coming round a corner on my side of the road at the IOM is not my ideal.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: Maybe you should drive on the right side like the rest of the civilized world! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :P
From parts unknown.

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "Chris Canning"While killing myself on a bike has always been optional for me,having some foreign twat coming round a corner on my side of the road at the IOM is not my ideal.

You probably know that for the last three years they've made the mountain one-way for the whole two weeks instead of just Mad Sunday which makes it (a bit) safer.  Having said that the last punter to be killed that I can remember was a German that did just as you describe at the end of Cronkyvoddy and hit a Range Rover.

I found it hard to use all of the road, even though I knew it was one-way.  Tipping into a blind left hander from the extreme right of the road whilst every fibre of your body is screaming "this is so wrong" at you is a little unnerving.  And no, I've never done a track day or raced.  I'm much slower than my mates, who have a bit of fun at my expense, but the point is you are supposed to enjoy it, not scare yourself witless.  Or worse.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

The hassle is Bradden to Ramsey which is never one way,and I've raced a bike and when push come to shove and you want trade paint I'm your man,but I just prefer my odds to be a little higher than what you get at the TT,oh and I'm talking about being in a car going round the circuit  :shock:  not a bike.

paulie

Here in the states we don't get the luxury of any TV coverage, so I have to wait until some chap from UK puts it online :)

Is McGuiness riding this year? Or did he retire? He's always been fun to watch in years past.
Current Bike: 2005 Tiger in Silver.
Former Bike (also my first): 1980 KZ650

Chris Canning

Last nights practice was cancelled so their out tonight Mcguiness included,only a few years ago coverage in the Uk was just as bad,now we get a nightly show for an hour every night.

Jus spoken to our friends who live at Bradden,they've been scraping the punters up off the floor all week,god knows what the death rate is  :(

GavD

A sidecar driver and passenger unfortuately died the other day during practise. Both in their 60's.  Real enthusiasts, been at it for years, not in it for anything other than the thrill. Good on ya boys. RIP

Have a look at Jamie Whithams mate Shooey who was dazzled by the low sun and went down pitlane at 150mph - scary!!
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "Chris Canning"The hassle is Bradden to Ramsey which is never one way,and I've raced a bike and when push come to shove and you want trade paint I'm your man,but I just prefer my odds to be a little higher than what you get at the TT,oh and I'm talking about being in a car going round the circuit  :shock:  not a bike.

I always take it easy until the Gooseneck then push a bit (I've already said I'm not fast, in fact my mates find it funny that I ride a Blackbird but don't bother to chase them.  What they don't realise is that when you start to push hard, the Bird is a bit lardy to chuck around and the brakes are not the best in the world either).  I have fun over the mountain then turn left at the Creg.  There's a little-known lane that loops round to Laxey and then take the coast road back to Ramsey for another go without going all the way round.

Mustang

Quote from: "GavD"A sidecar driver and passenger unfortuately died the other day during practise. Both in their 60's.  Real enthusiasts, been at it for years, not in it for anything other than the thrill. Good on ya boys. RIP

Have a look at Jamie Whithams mate Shooey who was dazzled by the low sun and went down pitlane at 150mph - scary!!
:shock:  :shock:

NKL

I like the way the TT has been runing smoothly for years, the ACU take over running it and within two years we get this debarcle of canceled practice.
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

aeronca

this is Guy Martin's year!!!!
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

GavD

I'm not so sure, the TAS team seem to be almost there all the time, but never quite manage to bring it all together at the right time. McGuinness will be the one to beat on the HM Plant ..... whoops sorry Honda Legends bike.
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

John Stenhouse

A bit OT, but I have become a big Guy Martin fan after the totally madcap series he did for the BBC, "The Boat That Guy Built", completely bananas but great telly. Hope he does well this year
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting