News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New Tyre Choice for Tigers???

Started by Brock, November 25, 2004, 06:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock

I understand there's a new tyre out for big traillies. It's from Bridgestone and it's called the Battle Wing. Looks to be a bit more road-focussed than the usual Tourances etc. Massive rear tread depth of 9mm!!!

Who's going to be first then?
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

Quote from: "Brock"Who's going to be first then?

Why not you?

Don't look at me! I've only just put new Tourances on.

tigerjohn

I saw a tyre on the Pirelli stand at the NEC - 'Scorpion' - which will  take a tube as well. Mr Pirelli said it will run on the '04  as well as the '05 Tiger. Looked a bit like the Tourance tread pattern but more sporting in profile. Is due out soon, I think.

sunny

If they're grippier than the Anakees then i'd change. I heard that BT-020's fit the 05 Tiger but they don't list the correct size on their website. Anyone else heard this??

BP_LONDON

Quote from: "Blacktiger"
Quote from: "Brock"Who's going to be first then?

Why not you?

Don't look at me! I've only just put new Tourances on.

Me too. I'll give the battle wings a try in 10k miles if they get good reviews by the guinea pigs....er I mean early adopters  :mrgreen:  :D

russ_fae_fyvie

I have had a new pair of 020's on for about a month, got them on cos I've have 020's on my Blackbird and they are pretty damn good. Had the Tournaces on the Tiger till I got these fitted, mainly cos I do mainly road work and up to now they have given all the grip I want. The roads up here are very salty, slimy, muddy and wet and so far (touch wood!) they've done the job.

sunny

Russ, what sizes have you got for the front? I can't find a 110/80 R19 only a 110/80 ZR18

cheers

ps i used to have a pal from Markinch, my English accent always went down well in the locals!...

russ_fae_fyvie

Just checked them both and the front one is definately a 110/80 R19.

I'm actually a Scouser living up here (26 years!) so I'm just about being accepted !!

mcilvenny

Having just looked on the Bridgestone web site I cannot see any 020's listed for a 19" rim ?  Where did you get the tyres from ???
EeeZeee Tiger

\"96\" Steamer

PaulBerg

If Pirelli are making Scorpions in a 19" front that would be good news. I had Scorpions on my previous bike (Multistrada) and they were fantastic.

Paul