News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Silverstone GP

Started by Chris Canning, June 08, 2011, 01:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Three days of tripping backwards and forwards to Silverstone  :( ,knew we should have booked a B+B  :roll:

Bixxer Bob

I did that last year and me and the wife got knocked of the 'Bird in Northampton by  hit-and-run vintage Rolls Royce (couldn't make it up could you???) on the Friday going home.  This year we're taking the motorhome and parking on the "quiet" campsite.

Maybe see you there??
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

You have a PM,just weighing up the pros and cons of taking a mountain bike,problem being leave a big bucks bike for 2 seconds and it's gone  :(

Bixxer Bob

I was thinking the same as it's a bit of a hike from the quiet campsite to the circuit, then there's the circuit itself.  Wasn't sure if bikes were allowed :roll:

Anyway, as the wife pointed out, we don't (yet) have any means of pulling the folding chairs on their trolley if we ride in.  And it looks like we'll need brolleys, waterproofs etc as well.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

As Bob/John me,sounds like 3 of us!! were discussing at Silverstone not to many racers on here!! but here are a few odds and sods taken at the track.

A couple of bikes at the Bonhams auction

Bixxer Bob

You did the right thing staying at home on Sunday; we packed the awning etc on Sat night while it was dry in aticipation of the weather to come, and boy did it come  :(

We were ok because we have good wet gear (as Billy Connolly says, no such thing as bad weather, only the wrong clothes) but we didn't stay for the 125s, we got a jump on the traffic straight after the GP and were home in time for the F1 :D

Chris Canning

And you did the right thing,had a phone from a mate who I gave our passes too,took him 2 and half hours to get out on sunday  :(

Re our sunday.

WSB at 9am,supersport, during the adds went onto the 24 at Le-mans,then Moto GP,then second WSB,back to Le-Mans,walked the dogs got drowned,dried out watched the F1 and square eyes!!!

NKL

Can't beleive I went up sunday (mate got some free tickets off honda) 13 hours of being in the rain, though we did find an abandoned broken Assen unbrella, fixed it with a piece of wood. I dread to think how wet we would have got. Tested me riding gear though.
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100