News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

painted my other bike what do you think??

Started by malc, June 09, 2011, 07:17:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

malc

brandy wine is the colour & had some panels done in gloss black i love it
its grrreaaattttttttt

NeilD

nice colour.. looks good in the last shot where the sun has caught it..  8)

Nick Calne

One of my favourite colours on a bike.  Really really nice.  Now do your tiger!
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

CoolHandLuke

Nice paint job, shame you put it on such a crap bike :)

(you did ask our opinion).

hansi

Quote from: "CoolHandLuke"Nice paint job, shame you put it on such a crap bike :)

:ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser

malc

Quote from: "CoolHandLuke"Nice paint job, shame you put it on such a crap bike :)

Too true its a good job I dont take offence isnt it, thought you were a nice bunch.

have you ever rode 1?
its grrreaaattttttttt

Colonel Nikolai

What is it? The engine looks exactly like a Harley, but everything else is nothing like any Harley I've ever seen. Do they ship different Harleys overseas?

Great paint job, I'll say that!
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.

Cos

Quote from: "Colonel Nikolai"What is it? The engine looks exactly like a Harley, but everything else is nothing like any Harley I've ever seen. Do they ship different Harleys overseas?

HD Sportster XR1200. Probably the best handling Harley there is out there. I took one out for a test ride. It really is a fun bike to ride. I'd own the XR1200X (upgraded suspension and brakes) any day of the week.

The XR started being sold in Europe and then by popular demand was also sold in the States. You can probably find one at your local HD dealer.

BruKen

Do you have the manufacturer and paint code for us? I see it is a colour favoured by many vintage hot rods, lovely colour :D

Colonel Nikolai

Quote from: "Cos"
Quote from: "Colonel Nikolai"What is it? The engine looks exactly like a Harley, but everything else is nothing like any Harley I've ever seen. Do they ship different Harleys overseas?

HD Sportster XR1200. Probably the best handling Harley there is out there. I took one out for a test ride. It really is a fun bike to ride. I'd own the XR1200X (upgraded suspension and brakes) any day of the week.

The XR started being sold in Europe and then by popular demand was also sold in the States. You can probably find one at your local HD dealer.

My local dealer has NEVER had one like that on the floor. I've looked. *sigh*
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.

Cos

Quote from: "Colonel Nikolai"My local dealer has NEVER had one like that on the floor. I've looked. *sigh*

As far as my own personal tastes go, that's probably the only HD i'd buy right now.

i'd probably buy the XRX over a Bonneville and given how much i like the Bonnies, that says a lot.

Slowmow

Great colour love the shine, just a waste on that bike, should have done it on the Tiger.
2005 Tiger 955i Owner

2008 KLR650

Mustang

guys .......QUIT bashing the Sporty ......Malc shared it with us. It's a cool bike in its own regard  , nuff said .
If ya can't say something nice ...............don't bother posting

tazshido

I test rode the XR1200X at the Thunder in the Rockies rally (Loveland, CO) last summer and it IS the best handling Harley I have ever ridden. I REALLY liked it for a HD, wasn't all that impressed with it as a motorcycle. It has a well sorted chassis and the brakes are great. Now "the motor company" needs to put a REAL motor on that chassis and they will have a fantastic bike.
I don't bash Harley bikes, I bash Harley engines and prices.

By the way, Sweet looking paint job. It looks real good on the XR.
Felis Tigris Argentum

Est non aevum, est loginquitas!
Semper Fidelis

HockleyBoy

Very nice looking paint job and I like the bike too, a great fun ride on a sunny day I should think!
 :D
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport