News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I must be a giant sucker...

Started by Cos, June 13, 2011, 12:30:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cos

So i bought an Aprilia Dorsoduro...it's gone. Nice bike and all but a combination of factors brought about its demise. Tank range was pathetic (100 miles to the tank, maybe), had a few electronic glitches, couldn't tune the freakin thing and Aprilia Cyprus went boobies up. Screw that.

Enter the Yamaha Tmax. I figured "why not?".  Weeell, i'm not a maxi scooter guy, that's why not. My feet weren't where they were supposed to, the wheels felt too small, the whole experience was not to my liking. Not to mention that my dearest buddy JetdocX wouldn't stop laughing at me. So...off to greener pastures went the Tmax.

Which brings us to the whole "sucker" bit. Years and years ago (or something like that) Cyprus actually had a Triumph dealer. They were idiots, screwed up and we've been Triumphless for gods know how long. Nonetheless, the memory of that showroom remained. Especially vivid was the memory of this yellow bike that was on a revolving stand. Round and round it went, showing off its naked wheel to lusting onlookers.

What's that got to do with this thread you ask? Weeeell...it might not be yellow...and it's not a T595...but i went and got myself another discontinued bike. Sucker!

2006 Daytona with a mere 7.5 k miles on her.
I owe iansoady big time for checking the bike out for me in the UK.
I picked her up yesterday and put 250 miles on her today...the girl might be a bit old but she's still one hell of a road bike.
Like my Tiger, this one just might be a keeper.  :D

Mustang

jwray76

gote a beauty there

cosmo

You might say it's a Fireblade with a proper accent.

If it weren't for my dodgy back, I'd be right jealous.

Cosmo
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

JetdocX

Oh shit!  Dibs when I come to Cyprus!  Imagine pulling up to a topless beach wearing that bike! :lol:

That's sweet, Cos.
From parts unknown.

HockleyBoy

Nice looking bike, a bit quicker than the tiger too!  :D
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Bixxer Bob

One for the nicest sounding bikes I ever heard was one of those with a custom underseat exhaust and no baffles.  Its rasp made the hairs on your neck stand on end.   8)
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Nick Calne

You are probably the fastest thing on the island now! enjoy.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Cos

Quote from: "nickcalne"You are probably the fastest thing on the island now! enjoy.

The island is full of GSX-Rs and R-1s and other more modern sportbikes that'll leave my poor outdated Daytona in the dust.

It's still a fun bike though :)

Cos

Quote from: "HockleyBoy"Nice looking bike, a bit quicker than the tiger too!  :D

You could say that.  :lol:

She won't pick up speed in the frantic way a Japanes I4 will but i thought i was doing about 75 and then i looked down and i saw 110.

Cos

Quote from: "JetdocX"Oh shit!  Dibs when I come to Cyprus!  Imagine pulling up to a topless beach wearing that bike! :lol:

That's sweet, Cos.

Well, i had to do something when you said you refused to ride the scooter. :lol:

That antiquated right side up fork works great on the street by the way.

I gotta say, though it's supposed to be a relic as far as sportbikes go, it's fast enough for me and it sure as hell handles better than my limits are.

And that single sided swingarm is schweet.

P.S. There's no such thing as a non-topless beach here so we just call them "beaches". Massive influx of Russian tourists this year too.  :shock:

Chris Canning

I bet the bike is having a culture shock having come from a shop in Birmingham and now having to put up with all that sunshine and no salt  :D

Timbox2

And Ive just turned down the opportunity of 2 years in Cyprus, bugger, but the missus and the Dogs couldnt come so..................

Nice bike mate, yeah, fly the flag
2016 Tiger Sport

JetdocX

Thread hijack!  Half nekkid Russian womens......MMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!

From parts unknown.

2004Tiger

Quote from: "Cos"...the girl might be a bit old but she's still one hell of a road bike.
Like my Tiger, this one just might be a keeper.  :D
Who are you calling old? My 2004 955i is insulted.
When you need a long ride to clear your head do you have to ride around the island 3 times?
2004 Tiger. Black is beautiful. If I don\'t ride a little every day I get a little crazy.