News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I rode through hail AGAIN!

Started by tazshido, June 22, 2011, 02:56:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tazshido

This time I had my 7 year old son behind me on the 06 Tiger. I would normally have stopped and found shelter, but there was no place to get under cover and I knew that my boy was better off being shielded by my body at a decent speed (45mph) so I stuck it out and took the beating for him. When we finally got to shelter he was soaked and cold but would not complain. I could not, as a father, ask him to ride the 5 more miles it would've taken to get him to his mother's house, so I called her to come pick him up. When she arrived, he smiled and bragged that he and daddy had just ridden through thunderstorms and hail, all the while beaming that smile that I LIVE for. He was a little trooper, and I don't think I have ever been more proud of him. He is going to make one badass biker when he gets older.
Felis Tigris Argentum

Est non aevum, est loginquitas!
Semper Fidelis

Colonel Nikolai

Quote from: "tazshido"This time I had my 7 year old son behind me on the 06 Tiger. I would normally have stopped and found shelter, but there was no place to get under cover and I knew that my boy was better off being shielded by my body at a decent speed (45mph) so I stuck it out and took the beating for him. When we finally got to shelter he was soaked and cold but would not complain. I could not, as a father, ask him to ride the 5 more miles it would've taken to get him to his mother's house, so I called her to come pick him up. When she arrived, he smiled and bragged that he and daddy had just ridden through thunderstorms and hail, all the while beaming that smile that I LIVE for. He was a little trooper, and I don't think I have ever been more proud of him. He is going to make one badass biker when he gets older.

Great story. Get him a dirtbike to start with. I love riding in the rain, even if I get soaking.
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.

tazshido

He will be getting his first bike this year. All the guys I know that are REALLY outstanding riders, started young. With the proper coaching and me preaching safety at him, he will be winning races by the time he is 10.
Felis Tigris Argentum

Semper Fidelis

aeronca

:5moped right on, sounds like a good kid :rock-1
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

tazshido

He is my heart and soul. I would be a shell of a man without my children.
Felis Tigris Argentum

Semper Fidelis