News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

new girly for 50p

Started by renagade, June 25, 2011, 04:08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renagade

well guys i am all done.
checked the vavle,s and guess what all ok,did the air box mod great,balanced the throttle bodies and pulled the connection for the o2 censor
and put a 330 ohm 1/4 watt resistor in there and ,yes the whole bike is just how I thought a girly should have run......perfect....... gone are the surging throttle and sum of the vibes.

I fully recommend.
In fact I have three resistors left free to any good home.
There are so many roads to ride and so little time to ride them.

Macsporran

What's the mod? I've got a 02 955i and it loves especially to hunt/surge.how did you sort yours?

JoeDirt

Quote from: Macsporran on October 01, 2015, 10:16:36 PM
What's the mod? I've got a 02 955i and it loves especially to hunt/surge.how did you sort yours?

It's a trick... he put a resistor in place of the O2 sensor. They make a plug that does the same thing. It makes the computer stop hunting for the input and gets a nice steady one from the resistor. You are fooling the computer to think it's happy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/o2-Oxygen-Lambda-Sensor-Eliminator-For-TRIUMPH-TIGER-955i-2001-2006-/221439326285?

They do it because it's cheaper than a new sensor. They'll never be cheap because they use rare earth elements.

Also, I am not sure if renegade will answer a post from 2011...

Chris Canning

I've had one for years but it'll cure the hunt/surge but it knocks the edge off the motor and I'm not keen on that and hence why it spends most of time in a dish on the kitchen table but I do fit from time to time to remind of what it does.  :icon_biggrin:

Dyn Blin

Quote from: JoeDirt on October 01, 2015, 11:50:24 PM
It's a trick... he put a resistor in place of the O2 sensor. They make a plug that does the same thing. It makes the computer stop hunting for the input and gets a nice steady one from the resistor. You are fooling the computer to think it's happy.

That's a much cheaper solution than a vendor was offering some time back on the ADVRider forum to "eliminate a snachy throttle". 

That looks naughty in print. :nono
This is why we can't have nice things.