News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

For the LSR Geeks Here

Started by JetdocX, June 28, 2011, 11:03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JetdocX

http://www.bloodhoundssc.com/car.cfm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3mAPc9NcC4&feature=player_embedded

A few years back I was fortunate enough to do some work making the F-4 engine work with Steve Fawcett's LSR car.  We all know how that ended. :cry:   The target was 1000mph.  I never even got to see it run.

I'd still like to see somebody do it. :D
From parts unknown.

Patman1200

I was at a talk that Ron Ayers gave shortly after the Thrust SSC broke the sound barrier. Very technical stuff, as the audience were mostly ex-Royal Aircraft Establishment engineers and scientists. We were asking him some very in-depth questions about the airflows into the engines and around the body at transonic speeds and whether he could make a faster vehicle. He said the amount of power needed to go faster than they did would have to be quadrupled!
2001 Tiger 955i - Stock
1998 Bandit 1200 - Holeshot Stage 1 kit
2000 TTR 250 - Mud machine
1996 Bandit 400 vv - Screamer

JetdocX

A lot of the design work is aimed at increasing the efficiency of the vehicle and keeping it simple.  I spent a few hours yesterday reading through some of the engineering write-ups covering the major systems in the vehicle.  It looks like these guys have the $$$ and the know-how to make this happen.

It's too bad they have to use a third engine to run the injection pump for the rocket motor instead of robbing power off the accessory drive pad from the Eurojet engine, though.  That EJ engine is probably maxed out from running the afterburner fuel pump, though, so what can you do? :roll:
From parts unknown.