News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

oil alternatives

Started by deepsouthtiger, June 29, 2011, 02:47:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deepsouthtiger

So, I have run Motul and Mobil 4T racing oil in my '05 Tiger.  

HOWEVER.....I am looking for some "more cost effective" alternatives.  

My "other bike" is a Honda CB 750.  ANd many other owners have (or say they have had) great success with Rotella oil like 10-30 sold at wal-mart for "cheap"  THe 91 CB has a wet clutch, so that would be similar to the Tiger.

Anyone else tried alternative oil brands?

ANy issues with clutch slip etc.?
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits

walker

should be some other threads around here somewhere on that....

I have had good luck with RotellaT (both the synthetic and non synthetic variety).

Two of their oils are JASO MA certified (for wet clutch use). The T6 synthetic and the T3 triple protection in 15-40

It's all I use in the motorcycles, and have for a number of years. My diesel car and the gas truck also use it.

topher0268

+1

Running T6? (5w40 full synthetic)  in my 00' tiger now without issue. Used in all my bikes currently with good results. I discovered this gem on another forum a couple of years ago and for value it's tough to beat.
2000 Tiger "Girly in Blue"
1976 Honda CB550 F (getting cafe treatement)

kelpie_67

rotella t if it's good enough for a truck engine worth tens of thousands of dollars it's good enough for me
2000 885i yellow - can you see me now?

deepsouthtiger

Great, thanks forall  the info.
Looks like I will be switching to Rotella at the next oil change!   :-)
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits