News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

How to Turn your OEM exhaust into a Homemade TOR can

Started by tigergotcha, July 03, 2011, 06:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pxm

I didn't manage to knock out all of the baffle, but I've removed most of it & the rest is bent back.  I used a long piece of 10mm bar.
I've changed the map from std to TOR exhaust & get a nice rasp at high revs & more of a growl at low revs.  And my exhaust appears to be legal, according to the stamp on the side.
Not overloud, but better & at zero cost.
2004 Tiger 955i, 1972 Norton Commando 750 Fastback
2016 Yamaha Tracer 900

klingklang

Maybe I am getting old, but not that old, just at the point that my favorite rock groups cd are in the lower shelf in sales..... that beeing said, I like to do the oposite, I bought by tiger 10years ago, used, and already fitted with a TOR.  Now, sometimes, I find it too much loud and I'd like to reduce the level a bit. I've check for baffle online and ther are all strait and I don't think they will fit the curved end pipe. Not sure about getting it in by the other end. Scared of having it rattle, not able to go all the way or getting it stuck at the wrong place.   Just like to have something in between in db from the stock and the TOR....