News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

12,000 mile sevice

Started by daveb, July 18, 2011, 10:37:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbie

Quote from: "yack_ass"OK seriously, they stopped making girlies in 2006 and people still have 12,000 mile services?

What have you been doing? Looking at them?

My 03 is coming up to a 12000 mile service

it's 5th :shock:
Robbie and Mohan the original silver Tiger

yack_ass

Don't get me wrong guys, I ment no disrespect or anything.

I suppose I'm jealous :D, (got mine with more kms on her clock). :D

Sorry to hear about KK. That is a bummer, hope you get back on your feet and in the saddle.

Chris Canning

Quote from: "Robbie"
Quote from: "yack_ass"OK seriously, they stopped making girlies in 2006 and people still have 12,000 mile services?

What have you been doing? Looking at them?

My 03 is coming up to a 12000 mile service

it's 5th :shock:

Very often think about following you up to the Ponderosa with your lad looking back at me,how old is he now??.

metalguru

Hey KK sorry to hear your bad luck.
It has always been a blessing in disguise when ever I lost a job, the glass is always half full.

Least you will get some time to study TuneEcu and its qualities LOL, and get that Tigger going even better!
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Robbie

Quote from: "Chris Canning"Very often think about following you up to the Ponderosa with your lad looking back at me,how old is he now??.

Hi Chris
that day seems only yesterday until you get to thinking about all the things that have happened in between

the angelic little boy on the apple crumble run

has turned into the drum playing 14 (last Friday) as tall as me thing with an attitude.
Robbie and Mohan the original silver Tiger

Chris Canning

Blimey now I do feel old  :D

daveb

dropped the bike off this morning for the service, pick her up tomorrow.

had a great spin down, nearest place for working on Triumphs is 50 miles away, me mate brought me home as a pillion on his ST, so we go back down tommorrow.

great roads, not looking forward to the bill though  :shock:

next service going to do myself, with help from my mate. just go to read up on the tuneECU for both the 955i tiger and the sprint ST 955i

daveb

just had a phone call about the pressure in the cooling system. there is exhaust gasses escaping into the coolant.  :(

sounds like a small nick in the head gasket.

daveb

just a thought if the head gasket has gone, what would the systems be. I havn't got any loss of power, done 60 miles earlier pushing 70ish, red lined the tiger in 2nd to check perfromance.
no oil in water, no water in oil. no steam. only i got water out of the expansion bottle when the outside air temp is about 20 deg c or higher and stuck in traffic, the run of 60 miles and no leaking.

I plan to do the 12k service myself, just been pricing bit n bobs up.

what would the advantage of a pipercross or k & N air filter over standard, i know better performance, would i need a remap.

NGK copper over NGK Iridium.
checking the shims, well a good friend of mine has the tool so aint a prob.

daveb

bits ordered for the 12k service, plugs, oil filter, k & N air filter, borrowing a shim tool, getting the 4lt castrol oil from Halfords.

daveb

I got conflicting data on the Tiger 06 shims under or over.

theres a link inside this one going back to 2007 shims over
http://www.triumphrat.net/tiger-worksho ... rvice.html

shims under

http://www.triumphtorque.com/messageboa ... rvice.aspx

I will find out when i get the lid off

Mustang

All Tiger 955I's are shim over bucket even the ones with 1050 cases

the '06 Tiger was the last bike to use shim over bucket
the real 1050 tigers are shim under bucket ........2007and later

daveb

Cheers Mustang,  :occasion14 this puts my mind at rest.

daveb

Quote from: "daveb"bits ordered for the 12k service, plugs, oil filter, k & N air filter, borrowing a shim tool, getting the 4lt castrol oil from Halfords.

parts arrived this morning, another great service from Triumph-on-line  :D

Timbox2

Dave , just something I realised when I did mine.

Try and get the front of the bike up a bit before you turn off and let it stand.
As the engine is tilted forward a bit, oil tends to pool right at the front of the head and can drip down the front onto the downpipes etc when you remove the cambox cover.
2016 Tiger Sport