News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Steamers (1993-1998 Tigers) / Re: Steamer with bad habbits
Last post by Titus - May 17, 2024, 08:29:38 PM
Behold !
Last post by Titus - May 17, 2024, 08:28:16 PM
I also had yuasa not a problem with it for 3 years then sold the bike. Seems a little old fashioned with the acid pouring and general looks of it.
Manual states 14 Ah, will use that, will weight some options and figure it out, current batt is fine but don't know anything about it since it came with the bike, cranked a lot when had problems so is still fine, just thought that I should get a new one for when the weather gets nice and we can ride more, VFR used to start fine in the morning and after a long ride died on me like half an hour after stopping, really weird as charging was perfect on her, happened two times and ditched the battery immediately. Lesson learned, starting before a ride doesn't mean you will have juice all day. Was a Varta that did that btw.
Titus,
Good to see the original Clock - and there is a 'parasitic' drain from it - the only thing on the 'bike that does so.  I disconnect the Battery completely these days.  [Hmm - maybe a 'bike alarm does?]

Re: Battery - I have Yuasa batteries that last many years, the Motobatt's only last 12 mths. Luckily the KLR and the T400 Tig have the same size battery, so can swap between them.
Bill
Other Triples / 2008 Street Triple R
Last post by ghulst - May 16, 2024, 10:51:50 PM
It is on and off. I often like it, but then there are times when I miss my Tiger. ;)

(And times when I watch Harry do Sand Raiders...)
Last post by Lee337 - May 16, 2024, 06:53:23 PM
The Motobatt I had on tiger lasted 13 months  went back to Yuasa which I now have on all my bikes. May have had a dud one but have used Yuasa for many years without issue.
Last post by London_Phil - May 16, 2024, 04:01:10 PM
Re the clock. I think its live all the time, but backlight only when lights on.
Re MotoBatt. I have had a couple. On my Steamer I had a MBTX14AU . Generally they are OK, but a few have reported they have  had issues.
Last post by Titus - May 16, 2024, 02:46:32 PM
What are you guys thinking, would this battery suit it's needs? 12ah and 200 cranking power
General Discussions / Re: Oregon/Washington State me...
Last post by Janelle - May 16, 2024, 02:41:37 PM
The Pacific Northwest offers beautiful landscapes and a vibrant lifestyle. Consider areas like Eugene, Oregon, or Bellingham, Washington, for their mix of suburban tranquility and access to nature. Research local amenities, climate, and community vibes to find your perfect fit. Best of luck on your adventure!
Last post by Titus - May 16, 2024, 01:54:01 PM
Clock is here !!! Very happy with my purchase, thank you Phill for giving me courage!
All I had to do is change the bulb, works like a charm, lucky I had spare little bulbs from the w124 ✌️
Question, is the clock always powered? On my Vfr it came on with ignition but had a little battery, this one doesn't so I guess it always on, just asking
Last post by Titus - May 16, 2024, 10:27:21 AM
Very ambitious of them, went 160 kph max, felt very unsafe, maybe it's from a Daytona, p.o. did some weird stuff to it now it's my job to restore it to factory condition.
Also got some bags from Louis which are easy to instal just remove the seat and hang them there.
Don't need them around town and to work, will only use them when we go about and need some clothes.