News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

TuneBoy, TPS etc etc...

Started by NeilD, August 24, 2011, 11:53:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

Quote from: "NeilD"yeah, I wondered about the swingarm whether or not it was silver for all the 955i or not...

To be honest I dont know for sure, but I thought they were all silver.
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

Quote from: "NeilD"yeah, I wondered about the swingarm whether or not it was silver for all the 955i or not...

Being at the end of the production run anything is possible,from time to time you come across various Triumphs with non production colours among other things,it's a Triumph employee thing which they can do.

Is the bike black or very dark green.

NeilD

the bike is black.. not sure if the swingarm is painted or p/coated black but looked a decent job.. will have a proper look when I pick it up next week... it also has black handlebars, I assume Renthals..  look like standard size but slightly less rise ..

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "Chris Canning"Looks good,must be one of the very last,and if you stumble across one, look for the old style rear brake lever,I put a new style one like yours on my old 01 thinking it looked more modern,god knows how many times my foot slipped off and went back to the old style eureka!!,oh and 15wt oil in the forks.

Don't know what they were thinkin about with that brake pedal ??

i got one off fleebay from an 03  :thumbsup

KK

ps lookin good NeilD !!
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Chris Canning

Quote from: "NeilD"the bike is black.. not sure if the swingarm is painted or p/coated black but looked a decent job.. will have a proper look when I pick it up next week... it also has black handlebars, I assume Renthals..  look like standard size but slightly less rise ..

I didn't think they did a mag wheel 955 in black,if the guy your buying off isn't the original buyer wouldn't be at all suprised if it wasn't an ex employee bike,a rarity thats for sure

NeilD

I've seen other black ones, all late ones though and not that common... I wanted either black or the dark green...

metalguru

Good job the swing arm has been recovered as the standard paint falls off at the whiff of rain!!

Nice looking bike, Think the black ones are faster at night cos the air can't see it comming!!
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Chris Canning

I wanted silver,no mate only black or green they said  :roll:

Timbox2

Quote from: "metalguru"Good job the swing arm has been recovered as the standard paint falls off at the whiff of rain!!...........

yep,and there is a brand new swingarm on ebay at the moment, starting at £250, hmmm, I think a  powdercoat over the winter for mine
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

Quote from: "Timbox2"
Quote from: "metalguru"Good job the swing arm has been recovered as the standard paint falls off at the whiff of rain!!...........

yep,and there is a brand new swingarm on ebay at the moment, starting at £250, hmmm, I think a  powdercoat over the winter for mine

Look a bit further along their's one for 24 quid!!