News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

955i Tiger.. My issues & possible fixes !!! Help !

Started by tedmagnum, April 12, 2012, 05:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironhorse

I repeat, I have had good results by rerouting the cable to the right side of the motor and straightening the 90 degree bend in the solid housing at the motor. Very easy pull now.

cdubya

Hey, Ted.
Here is a great buffeting thread and specifically,
check out Rooster's post on page 6.
http://www.triumphrat.net/tiger-chat/81 ... -much.html
Lifting the screen off of the fairing made a HUGE difference for me.

Then, I fabricated/mounted an additional mra vario type screen from cutting down the stock screen and mounting it to the top of my cee baileys screen. The reason I did this was the top of the cee baileys was just below my chin while in the riding position, (too low according to the thread above). My fabricated vario brought the top of my screen to the mustache/tip of my nose area which gave me another huge leap towards cancelling the buffeting. My fabbed vario looks similar to Tiger-G's on page 7 in thread above.

I'm fierce close to eliminating the buffeting at this point. Next will be some winglets mounted to the fairing left and right made from the outer metal cover of an old/defunct vcr player. I'm designing some similar to blacktiger's. Just noticed his photos have been  removed from the thread?? Bummer....they are sweet. This apparently helps to direct the air flow out and around your shoulders a bit more. Again, keeping the winglets lifted off of the fairing about 3/4" or so will make them much more effective by reducing the low pressure area behind effect.

Good luck to you and enjoy.
Chuck
06 Girly