News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

High fender MX style on a Steamer

Started by Bob Tosi, January 29, 2011, 07:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeronca

nice job, cant wait to see it in person. 8)
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Jon KB

Fender complete, brake hose still needs reroute

I will be replacing the brake cross over hose with one direct from the reservoir.

I also need to check the fork travel to see if anything makes contact when impacting a pot hole at speed. adjustments will be made as necessary.

Thanks go out to those who did it before me.
Too many hobbies,
Not enough time
mailto:ttigerfoot@gmail.com\">ttigerfoot@gmail.com

aeronca

:hello2  :hello2  :occasion14  :icon_salut  nice job bro.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Jon KB

Quote from: "aeronca":hello2  :hello2  :occasion14  :icon_salut  nice job bro.

Thanks, I'm fairly pleased with it myself. ':D'
Too many hobbies,
Not enough time

jwray76

Nice work...and interesting mounting of the fog lights with turn signal relocation  :D

Jon KB

Quote from: "jwray76"Nice work...and interesting mounting of the fog lights with turn signal relocation  :D
Thanks.

I copied the turn signal mounts from Tigger of University Place WA
Too many hobbies,
Not enough time

Rallyroo

Resurrecting an old thread here, but I figured I would share my new "beaky" tiger. Looks like it was getting jealous of the younger siblings. Haven't decided which direction to go with the lower fender; may leave the rear section on to try to reduce spray.

Feels pretty secure, but I haven't tested at highway speeds yet, so it may still need a brace.

coachgeo

Quote from: Jon KB on July 21, 2011, 07:05:15 PM
Fender complete, ...
Thanks go out to those who did it before me.
Thanks RallyRoo for bringing this thread back up.

Jon; if your still around, do you have a stepped back pic of this?  Would be interesting to see the aesthetics of how it looks from a full bike side and front view.  Hard to tell the overall affect with the pics being of just the fork and fender.  That and I want to see a Yellow Tiger as Im thinking paint scheme's lately.

Awesome fabrication. Kudos for that.
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

97tiger885

Quote from: Bob Tosi on January 29, 2011, 07:44:31 PM
I am going to be getting dirt tires and wanted to put a high fender on the old girl.  Is there a certain fender that works best?  How does the mounting work?

I did two things.  Kept the stock fender but cut off the front.  I found an old mx fender for $5, cut it to size and used two very crude L-brackets about 9 inches long screwed into the two holes under the bottom yoke.  20,000+ miles and going strong.

Solon

I am not a big fan of beaks on bikes, but this combination  looks really cool.  :thumbsup

coachgeo

COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

sweller

The "TigRat" in one of its earlier iterations had a high level universal MX mudguard:

It was attached using exhaust U clamps on the fork stanchions and some homemade  brackets on the mudguard.

I took it off and replaced it with a standard front as it caught the wind on motorways (and didn't do much for the fuel consumption!)

This is the best close up I have:

Simon

Brighton
England