News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Auxillary power plug on 98 Steamer????

Started by tech141, May 04, 2016, 12:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: nickjtc on May 04, 2016, 11:27:24 PM
Do you have a cooler on board too so that the latte milk won't spoil?

There's plenty of power, don't milk the puns   :icon_razz:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Mustang

to the OP :
You see how $hit works around here Mike ?

basically you got your answer within a few posts and then the happens ............................... :ImaPoser

nickjtc

It's only cos we love each other so much  :thumbsup And have nothing better to do.

But getting back on topic. I am surprised that the Steamer system has as much juice. Especially for non-motorcycle specific uses. I suppose I should really do some research and see what the system on the 1050 is capable of.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

ssevy

The new tigers can light a small city. Not sure why they have so much capacity, but I suppose more is sometimes better?
I also run my CPAP machine directly off my battery, but only at night when I'm mot actually riding :icon_eek:
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

tech141

I wasn't worried about the current draw on the battery, but thanks for bringing it up.  These lights only pull 1.5 amps.  LED technology and all that.

Thanks for all the replies.  I enjoyed perusing them.
It's SUPPOSED to be dirty - It's a Tiger.

tech141

Howdy Folks!!!,  I thought I'd dig this up and post a few pics of the LED bar.  I mounted it under the main headlights using the 2 outside bottom fairing bolts.  It's only 18W, but is veddy shiny.  I'm not relying on it for path illumination, but as a "HEY, I AM HERE SEE THESE BRIGHTAZZ LIGHTS!!!" sort of thing.  I'll be installing some actual LED driving lights on the engine guards in the near future for seeing farther down the road.  Any hoo, here ya go.  Comments both Pro and Con are welcomed.

Have an Outstanding Evening!

Sin_Tiger

18W is a decent amount of power  :icon_eek: interested to see how that looks from a distance in the dark, when you get a chance.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

tech141

tech141

OK!  Took a few pics of it at a distance tonight.  The farthest pics were from 100ft (That's 30.48 meters for youse guys across the pond :icon_mrgreen:).  The camera shows a blurred bright blob at a distance, but it really is more defined than that in reality.  The second pic is more like it looks in person.  Anyhoo, all comments, pro and con, are welcome.

I hope everyone is having an Outstanding evening!

Sin_Tiger

Beernard

Ta. Looks like a good mod. I don't choose to ride at night real often, but your added capability can only be good. Looks cool too!
Ripper, woke up again.