News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Throttle body and extra jobs?

Started by bunker, May 22, 2017, 02:50:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bunker

So I'm back in bits again  :icon_scratch: after sorting the battery and starter solenoid.

The throttle is jammed, mainly due to the throttle body sticking and not springing back after its opened.

While I've got her in bits, does anyone have suggestions for jobs to do whilst in in this state?  :icon_mrgreen:

I've lubed the throttle and choke cables and I'm intending to fling in some new spark plugs, but any other suggestions would be welcome  :thumbsup
Tiger 885

bemusedinsojo

Sync the carbs. I made a homemade sync machine using youtube, iced tea bottles, and silicone. It works surprisingly well. Also, maybe check the valve clearances if you have time. My two-bits.

Sin_Tiger

Definitely synch the carbs, mine seem to go out just looking at them. Going up to the LR show at Ingliston on Sat, give me a shout if you want me to swing by with my Carbtune.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

bunker

Good suggestions - thanks!  :thumbsup

Niall - thank you for your kind offer, but I've managed to borrow some...more work  :icon_study:
Tiger 885