News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Here in the US, anyone order a Sargent seat for yor Girly?

Started by RVC7, May 14, 2009, 11:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TigerTrax

I'd take a close look at the russell Day Long seat.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

EvilBetty

I have a guy that was going to sell me his stock seats (both of them) for $30 plus 20 shipping, but he had another guy interested at the same time and I have not heard back from him.

You think the Russel is that much better than what this guy is offering?  If memory serves the Russel was VERY expensive.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

macgart

Hi all, a new Girly owner here.  Thought I'd just jump in.  I have to +1 Spencer.  I tried a couple of different (expensive) options for my KLR and was not happy with any of them.  The only benefit was that they thinned my wallet out.  I had Spencer do the LD mod to my stocker and loved it from the jump.  I did a 2600 mile Baja loop in 14 days with the seat and had no complaints.  $75 well spent.  

I'll be sending my Girly seat in this fall when I'll be in Ireland for a couple of weeks.

Seat comfort is so subjective that it seems to be an issue on all bikes.
99 Tiger "Goldie"
The more I ride it, the more I love it!
http://www.johnnymacmotoadventures.com/

haulin' daze

I've never had any problems at all with the stocker. I've done up to 450 miles with no pain in the arse.

As has been said before; Everyone is different.

RT

Tried a sheepskin.

Tired the Spencers mod plus a sheepskin.  Was an improvement.

My problem was the ridge along the back of the seat which caused discomfort after about an hour even with the Spencers mod.

A buddy let me try his Russell which is a great seat.   If your short forget it however as it sits you really high.  And yes it's expensive, but worth the money.

Me, I went with a Bill Mayer seat. Mayer was having a group buy discount which allowed me to save some $$.  Great support, and the "hump" is gone in the back of the seat. Plus still allows me to adjust the height of the riders seat.  Been a great solution for me. But again it's a love/hate thing.

Another option is to find a local guy that can custom fit a seat for you.   Will pay about the same as you would for the Sargent but the seat will be custom made for your butt.
Whatever it is, it\'s better in the wind.  ~Author Unknown

Wiggus

A Sargent came on my '99 Girly so I don't know what the stock seat feels like. I haven't done an all-day ride yet, but I did about 5 hours yesterday with one break and I was comfortable the whole time. We were doing about 70% road / 30% off-road. It's a stiff seat that supports me very well. I didn't have any parts falling asleep.

I was looking at Sargent's site and I didn't see any offerings for the Tigers, just rebuilds. Maybe they are discontinued. Mine is two-piece, fits perfectly, yellow piping that matches the bike. I'm 5' 10" and I'm on the balls of my feet at stops.
You Will Know Me By The Trail of Bolts...

HappyMan

Sargent seats for the Tiger are only custom.  They will rebuild off your stock pan and design it to support you where you need it.  They are not cushy seats but good supportive seats that will give you miles and miles of comfort because you will not be putting pressure unevenly anywhere.    That being said, everyones butt is different which is why it needs to be made for your own rear end.  Getting a Sargent for your Tiger that was not designed for your butt doesn't always work.  I did luck out with one once though.

One last thing needs to be said on this subject.  Proper seating position (Master Yoda) http://bmwsporttouring.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2739 and constantly shifting your position is very, very important to your comfort.  No matter what seat you're riding.
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

Sin_Tiger

Slightly OT.

Has anyone ever tried using a two piece seat on a Steamer.

Just wondering if it's a practicable solution to having a solo / touring box configuration that can be easily swapped around rather than having two full length Steamer seats?
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

HappyMan

In case you haven't seen this yet.....From the Everything Else for sale list....

http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,6091

The Kurgan

Might I suggest the factory gel seat? While I haven't owned any big rigs like a Goldwing, I can say that my gel seat is more comfortable than any stock seat I've been on.
[size=84]2005 Triumph Tiger 955i (BRG)
-- TOR Can & Tune
-- Dynojet O2 Sensor Bypass
-- Factory Gel Seat, Luggage & Liners
-- Bestem Topbox
-- Bagster Tank bag & Cover
-- R&G Crash Protectors
-- 55w Fog Lights[/size]

EvilBetty

I wonder too if my large arse is having problems with that ridge / hump on the back lip of the seat.  It might be pitching my pelvis forward and causing to me to ride on the same pressure points for my entire ride.

I've tried moving around the seat but there's not much room to wiggle.  I'm either having my lower regions crushed into the tank, or having my my pelvis dig into what should be ample cushion already :)

Does the 1050 single piece seat have this problem?

HappyMan

If that is the case then having a custom seat made for you.  When I have my Sargent's made I mark off where my butt is and they make it to fit my tucus.

EvilBetty

Well on the ride home I paid a little more attention to it.  To me it feels like I'm actually bottoming out the stock seat.  The back lip only seemed to bother me when I was trying to scoot back farther to re-adjust.  So maybe I just need it rebuilt with better padding.  If only all these seats and windscreens were stocked locally and they would let you ride test them for a day or two... geez...