News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

newbie from NewZealand

Started by kiwitony, September 29, 2009, 09:25:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiwitony

Hi guys,I,ve just found this site over at triump/rat and its great,I realy like the steamer specific section.My bike is a 93 in the fastest colour,red,done 80000ks and still going well.I,ve ridden it around NZ about 6 times plus numerous nth island excursions,always laden down with camping gear,fishing rod,rum and beer.I ride with a bunch of guys that have all sorts of bikes,bandits,cb1300s,1050 sprints to name a few and the old tiger surprises them all,they might have more poke on the straights, but in the twisties she holds her own.I read with interest how few went to the states,I,d like to know how many came to NZ,probly less than a dozen.Anyway cheers and I,ll be lurking here regularly.KiwiTony

B.Curvin

Mornin from a fellow newb to the site AND to the bike.

aeronca

welcom aboard 8)  someday i would love to get down to NZ.   post some pic's.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

c-rad

Another Red '93!  A most encouraging development.

I was pleased to find one in the 'States that an Italian chap brought to California.  When he went back to Italy, he left it to languish in his wife's garage.  She wanted it out and I was happy to oblige.

Would it be any trouble to check whether one of the air snorkels is capped?  I recall that one side was capped on my '97, but there aren't any on the '93.

C-Rad

kiwitony

yes the right side air intake is capped.

kiwitony

To aeronca,NZ is a great place to ride,plenty of mountain passes and light trafic,especially in the south island.Thunderbike in Nelson will rent you a Tiger to tour arround on.New Zealand is long and skinny so if weather is crap on one side a couple of hour ride will get you out of it.Your dollar is worth almost 2 of ours so makes a cheap holiday,Let me know if you ever come over I,m always up for a ride.Cheers Tony

Sin_Tiger

Welcome, good to see the global spread  8)  from an even smaller island that has only 3 known steamers.

Quote from: "kiwitony"Thunderbike in Nelson will rent you a Tiger to tour arround on.

That's very interesting, never made it further south than Lower Hutt where my great aunt retired to after being post mistress in Timaru, always wanted to go there as a bit of a pilgrimage, she was a cracking old girl, that might just be the incentive I need  :D
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

oxnsox

Don't think Thunderbike rent Tiggers like they used to.
Apparently went away from them in their rental fleet when the 1050 came out....  not quite the best option for some shingle roads here was the thinking, I believe. ( I was in their shop a month ago talking to the owner)

Now they rent BMW 800 GS's... but hey I'm sure if you wanted to rent a Tiger it would be the best place to start.
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~