News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Engine light on

Started by Bella1967, April 20, 2010, 07:34:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella1967

My engine light is on since this happened:
I cleaned my 2005 Tiger and left the ignition on for 30 min - battery was totally drained. Got her going and rode 10 miles, enough to be able to start her again with starter in my garage. I charged battery over night and it shows 98% full. I disconnected the battery for 2 hours, went to a battery store and they recommended to keep her, reconnected her and the "check engine" light is still on. Is there a RESET button or how do I get the light to go off?
Thanks for your help.
2005 Tiger 955i

2007 Vulcan 2000

EvilBetty

Sometimes leaving the battery disconnected can trip the light.

You have 3 options.

-Have the dealer reset the light.

-Run the bike through 3 warm up cycles (ride it, shut if off and let it cool... x3)

Or..  (NOT POSITIVE THIS WILL CLEAR THE LIGHT)

-Perform the 12 minute tune: This will reset all sensor data on the bike.   When cold. On a level grade on the side stand, start the bike, touching nothing but the key, clutch, and starter switch.  Let the bike run until you hear the cooling fan come on, then start the 12 minute clock.  After 12 minutes shut it down.  If you touch the throttle or trip a sensor.  Let it cool down and start over.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

zadok_oz

It will go out after a few cycles as already said. No prob's.
Marty F
\'03 Tiger 955i

Bella1967

I will do the 3 warm up solution tomorrow and let you know how it goes.
Thanks  :D
2005 Tiger 955i

2007 Vulcan 2000

Waking up the tigger  out of hibernation I had the same issue with the check eng light. The 12 minute tune worked good.   :thumbsup