News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

ANAKEE vs ANAKEE 2s

Started by jphish, January 26, 2010, 04:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"It's a bit like waiting for a comet to strike, you know it's coming, you just don't appreciate how fast it's going to be  :ImaPoser

:ImaPoser

JetdocX

Just bought a set of the II's for the Steamer.  Cannot ride yet, as I seem to have fianlly worn the rear brakes out, stripped one caliper pad retention pin and I'm waiting on new pins and seals for the pucks.

Maybe spring will arrive by the time my parts get here. :roll:
From parts unknown.

Bixxer Bob

With generic parts (carbs, brakes etc) that are made by someone else other than Triumph, it's worth popping to your local dealer to see if they can match what you want.  Brake pad pins should be no problem :wink:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

tett

I tried getting the dyna beads through the valve stem.  Forget it.  I don't even believe you did it Evil!  If you did you have the patients of God!

After fighting it for ten minutes I knew I could never do it so I broke the bead and squirted them in.  That only took a couple of minutes.

As for how they work, they are FANTASTIC!  I now believe all the hype around these.  My tiires are perfectly balanced.  I left the old weights on and they were smooth up to 100mph.  Took the weights off and just as smooth.

Cheers,

tett

Quote from: "EvilBetty"I put the dynabeads in my Girly through the angled valves.  It wasn't too bad as long as you have 2 things.  An engraver, and a abundance of patience.  You have to let them feed in single file.  Anything more than that and it clogs.  Some times the clog would clear right away.  Other times the clog took a lot of manipulation of the feed tube and the engraver.
98 Valkyrie
71 Commando
06 Tiger

JetdocX

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"With generic parts (carbs, brakes etc) that are made by someone else other than Triumph, it's worth popping to your local dealer to see if they can match what you want.  Brake pad pins should be no problem :wink:

My dealers hardly carry anything in stock.  It all comes from Georgia.  So I'm waiting for brake pins and pads from Triumph central in Georgia.  If you're talking about local independent shops, I sadly have few options.  The recession has been pretty hard on the moto industry.
From parts unknown.

kev w

I'm on my second pair of Bridgestone Battlewings and love them, exellent in the wet and handle superbly in the dry even with the bike loaded up. I moved away from the Anakees due to the lack of confidence in them in the wet and just feeling too much 'movement' through corners when riding a little spirited :lol: . But thats just me...!
I get the feeling tyres are a very personal choice, what suits one won't necessarily suit another. Then pressures, bike set up and riding style will all influence a choice of tyre.
\'05 Tiger 955i
\'85 Honda XL600R

Bob Tosi

Anybody running TKC 80's and have a good objective opinion?  I'll probably be riding 60/40 street/dirt.  Maybe more
Don't ever sell a Steamer !Steamers Rule!"

HappyMan

I run them and melt them down.  I ride easily 80/20 dirt to asphalt and I love them.  They are quite decent on pavement.  Get a little squirley in the rain but not too bad.  They are incredibly awful on ice.  I've also run Anakees when touring and hitting more asphalt as well as Tourances.  If I'm on a long trip that I think I'll hit a lot more asphalt than normal and I'm going to hit snow and ice I'll run the Anakees or Tourances.

If you run a lot of dirt roads and some off road I'd recommend the TKC's.  As long as you don't mind changing your own tires since you'll be doing it a lot.
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

jphish

I was a skeptic on the DynaBeads. However...recent experience has changed that. Just finished 12,500 trip on my Uly with a new set of PilotRoad2s with the beads - no weights. It was smooth up thru triple digits - no vibration (well...other than the fact I WAS riding a Buell afterall) & still got a few K miles left on the rubber. I loaded them prior to sealing the bead as showed in pics. Prefer valve stem method but the challenge of 90* stems and the fact my 'patient sainthood' papers from the pope aint arrived yet - I'm reluctant to test myself.

Mustang

Quote from: "jphish"I was a skeptic on the DynaBeads. However...recent experience has changed that.

nice are they not , it is so nice having a tire that is ALWAYS in balance even as the tread wears down , isn't it ?

Like I have said before any one who is a skeptic ....simply has never tried them , they work period !

Spud

use anakee 2 and found them fine in the dry and wet. Local dealer recommends Bridgestones so I may try them next.  :D  cheers Spud

jphish

Mustang was right...again. I did have to put 1.5 oz in front tire (instead of the 1 oz recommended - trivial thing) to get it smoothed out, but as mentioned, the tires stayed in balance for the entire 12K+ miles. I don't pretend to understand all the arguments pro/con - all I know from experience, is that they work. Good enough for me. j

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "Mustang"
Quote from: "jphish"I was a skeptic on the DynaBeads. However...recent experience has changed that.

nice are they not , it is so nice having a tire that is ALWAYS in balance even as the tread wears down , isn't it ?

Like I have said before any one who is a skeptic ....simply has never tried them , they work period !

Don't you just hate it when he is always right  :P  :wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

jphish

Actually - No. I rather like it. If you were wrong most the time...I'd have taken alot of bad advice. So far, I'm happy to say, that has not been the case. Institutional memory coupled with experience is generally a good thing. Glad us newbie Tiger owners have the 'Mustangs' around. Cheers, j