News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Are they screwing me??? I think they are....

Started by wingnut111, November 24, 2010, 07:00:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wingnut111

So I have a 2003 Girly that was leaking gas (damn plastic connects) and ordered and got the metal ones that I read about here on the site. Rode the bike pissing gas to the local bike shop and asked him to put 'em in. I gave them the instructions taking care to write "Be careful to loosen 1/4 turn gently as these (plastic ones) are known to break. Later HOURS they tell me they're both broken and my fuel pump is damaged.
Here's my question. If the fuel pump were damaged how would I have ridden there, how would the bike be able to idle and how would I've been able to do 120mph home from work the other night???
If the pump were faulty wouldn't the bike run rough if at all???
I think he broke it and doesn't want to own up to it!

Any thoughts/comments?
Thanx Van
If it has 2 or 3 wheels I\'ll ride it, race it or wreck it... possibly all three

Timbox2

Think you need to ask them in what way is the fuel pump damaged. The pump is in the tank on the other side of the plate where the Q/R couplings are, and I cant for the life of me think how you would knacker the pump even if you made a hash of removing the old plastic connectors, OK you could maybe knacker up the threads on the plate assy.

Go in and ask them to show you whats wrong
2016 Tiger Sport

wingnut111

they said the fittings broke and they had to go at it from the inside.
If it has 2 or 3 wheels I\'ll ride it, race it or wreck it... possibly all three

Chris Canning

Quote from: "wingnut111"they said the fittings broke and they had to go at it from the inside.

Thats bull or their idiots

You get them out from the front,there's war and piece on here about what tools folk have used and different methods to get them out.

Not a great photo but this is the inside,so if you look on the how to thread and see the front,it's pretty obvious it has to be done from the front.

walker

the old fittings probably broke off in there, and they don't want to take the time to remove the remaining plastic.... it's less work to order that entire assembly and replace it.... removing the remaining plastic is a pain. I had to use a small butane torch to soften some of the plastic, and spent a lot of time with a set of picks and very small needle nose pliers.

TigerTrax

Go right to Triumph dealer owner and state your case.

The original fuel fittings were bad and leaking. You purchased new metal fittings and asked his dealership to install them. His guy botched the job and in the process screwed up the fuel pump. A fuel pump that was working when you rode your bike in to the dealership.

Is that what is referred to as Triumph certified service or is it something else?

IF he would have said, "We do not install aftermarket parts BEFORE he accepted the work... that would have been fine and I would have gone elsewhere. But he accepted it and therefore is responsible for the damage and full replacement of all parts.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

hooligan971

I might be wrong but it doesn't sound like they are a Triumph dealer/service shop. Van didn't mention it in his post, and if they were, they surely would be familiar with doing this.
I would still talk with the owner and try to work something out. My neighbors kid had a similar problem with his Honda Hawk where the local yocal shop did more harm than good,and being a youngster he was just going to pay the guy and let them get away with it, but his Dad heard about it and talked to the owner of the shop and he saw right away it was his guys screw up and took care of it. Hopefully your shop will be as easy to work with.
Sorry you're having problems Van. Hope everything works out .
99 Tiger
61 Bonneville
88 KZ1000p
66 Tiger
06 Monster (sold)