News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

1996 Steamer Centerstand Install

Started by Joe Bates, July 01, 2012, 08:02:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Bates

Bought a used centerstand. Can't figure out how spring attaches to bike??

Anybody got pics or detailed discription??

Thanx.
Thanks For Your Time

Joe Bates

Thanks. Still can't figure out??

I have an OEM Triumph Centerstand and it has a spring with a metal arm.
Don't know which part goes on the stand and can't find any where to connect to bike??

I did see that I am missing the rubber under chain guide too.
$10 sounds good. Anyone have a part number or name??
Thanks For Your Time

Mustang

Quote from: "Joe Bates"Thanks. Still can't figure out??

I have an OEM Triumph Centerstand and it has a spring with a metal arm.
Don't know which part goes on the stand and can't find any where to connect to bike??

I did see that I am missing the rubber under chain guide too.
$10 sounds good. Anyone have a part number or name??
bwahaha your dreamin .....the rub block is more like 20 bucks and the rub strip is 45 bucks .

this is the rub block that attaches behind the footpeg to the frame ,, it is for the lower run of the chain

this is the rub strip that attaches to the swing arm it is for the upper run of the chain

this is how your spring and metal bracket attach to the bike and c stand

it's actually three pcs.
the black bracket attaches to the sump on the engine and the silver bracket has a slot that slips over the pin on the black bracket and the double wound spring attaches to that and the pin on the c stand

Joe Bates

Chain Slide, I used some hard plastic wheels on each side, a bolt and some washers from hardware store. About $7. So far so good??

That spring pics tells everything, including the fact that dealership didnt send me all the parts.

Anybody know where I can get that bracket that attaches to the bike for the spring??
Thanks For Your Time

Mustang

Quote from: "Joe Bates"Chain Slide, I used some hard plastic wheels on each side, a bolt and some washers from hardware store. About $7. So far so good??

:worthless
pics please