News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Overheating problem

Started by Bliker, January 09, 2005, 06:45:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whoa

Just stopped by the shop to check on the 01.  The erroneous temp spike was a real temp spike.  The overheating caused a warp at the head which now will be machined or replaced, depending on severity.  The hard starting problem was due to lack of compression.

Bliker

I talked to the shop today. I will be dropping the Tiger off on Saturday to let them figure it out. I figured since it's still under waranty I'll let them do it. I'll report back on what they find.
2004 Tiger

Patrick the Scot

Quote from: "whoa"Just stopped by the shop to check on the 01.  The erroneous temp spike was a real temp spike.  The overheating caused a warp at the head which now will be machined or replaced, depending on severity.  The hard starting problem was due to lack of compression.

Ouch :!:

Are the fellas at Lonestar up on North Lamar going to do the work?
"As far back as I can remember... I always wanted to be a gangster" - Good Fellas

Texas Tech Red Raiders - 2008 BIG IIX NCAAF CHAMPS

ridin gaijin

Quote from: "whoa"The overheating caused a warp at the head which now will be machined or replaced

Holy sh*t, how much does that cost? Any idea what caused it?
2005 Tiger in Lucifurry Orange. Always something new it seems...

whoa

Quote from: "Patrick the Scot"Are the fellas at Lonestar up on North Lamar going to do the work?

Yeah, they are on it now.  I think the biggest problem was the guys did the repair (warranty) but then bought the bike so there was nobody to give it a good ride in post repairs.  Not sure how long it sat.

So it's really a tough break but the guys are doing the rework and I'll be there to get miles on it straight away.  I have no problems with this situation and the guys are working hard to make it good.

But the point is well made to take a heat spike seriously and not assume it is an air pocket in the system.

David

whoa

Quote from: "ridin gaijin"how much does that cost? Any idea what caused it?

Its warranty work and I hope I never have to find out.

The guys at the shop figured the temp spike was an air pocket in the system and advised me to drive it until the heating worked the air out.  During that ride the heads overheated.  As of now, I have not heard what they think was the original problem that caused the spike.

You can bet that gauge will always be on my scan list.  Its curious that a check engine or some other warning never came along though.

Mr Mistoffelees

ouch  :(

Bilker, keep us posted as to what the shop find and do to rectify the problem !!
There\'s no such Cat in the metropolis;

He holds all the patent monopolies

For performing suprising illusions

And creating eccentric confusions

Bliker

The shop said the problem was the recall about the hoses being reversed. I just got the bike back today, hopefully they are correct and the problem is gone.

I never did recieve a recall in the mail about the hoses or fuel line connectors, but all is fixed now.
2004 Tiger