News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

What head light bulbs? Why only high beam?

Started by Danwarb, May 05, 2016, 03:08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danwarb

Quote from: BruKen on May 11, 2016, 12:22:17 PM
Yep. If you can change a fuse you can change a relay.  :* But if you're like me and stare at a fuse panel changing each one out until you strike Nirvana then probably not. Of course on the steamer bless her there not many fuses and not many relays so It wont take too long. Then again not all fuses are rated the same and nor are all relays. The boys in white coats do this to feck you over, but you can thwart them with a workshop manual, mostly, because the leccy diagrams dont show you were the bleeding relays are kept. Which means you have to ask Sin and get another lekshure. Best to just follow the wires back from the headlights and remain schtumm. My money is that they are on the bike somewhere. Goodluck   :thumbsup :friday

Is there a box set or relays I can buy so that I have the one I need ready when I find it?

Can you give a me link to what I might need?

:bowdown
Black 1995 Tiger 885
Every day is a school day.

BruKen

Damn, now I got to wipe yer bum for you too.

Here: http://www.worldoftriumph.com/triumph_motorcycle_parts_locator.php?block_01=&block_02=100058897-0-2&block_03=23773

Part 17, two of. Top tip. They're probably not unique so if you can get a serial off one your local auto store or leccy shop probably has one at half the price. But I'm not sure.

Danwarb

Quote from: BruKen on May 11, 2016, 12:59:54 PM
Damn, now I got to wipe yer bum for you too.

Here: http://www.worldoftriumph.com/triumph_motorcycle_parts_locator.php?block_01=&block_02=100058897-0-2&block_03=23773

Part 17, two of. Top tip. They're probably not unique so if you can get a serial off one your local auto store or leccy shop probably has one at half the price. But I'm not sure.

At least you didn't use rough paper or I'd have never forgiven you !!

:*&*

I've gone for it and ordered one of these top priced ones along with a load of over priced fairing washers as I just can't find them the right size from any where else !

I've moved the MOT for Monday now so I'm on track !

:thumbsup
Black 1995 Tiger 885

nickjtc

Quote from: Danwarb on May 11, 2016, 01:58:19 PM
At least you didn't use rough paper or I'd have never forgiven you !!

We're thoughtful that way.....
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"

JayDub

The h/light relays are usually behind the dash fairing (nose cone), if you trace the wires one white/black and one black back from the bulbs then you will get to the relays...  the black/yellow  one goes to earth though, so ignore that one

Danwarb

YES !

Thanks guys. It was this relay. I bought one for £15 from
World of Triumph and it's sorted it. Now I have high and low beam again.

My bike will now pass it's MOT !

:*
Black 1995 Tiger 885