News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Keihin Carb overhaul. Jetting suggestions requested

Started by London_Phil, August 29, 2016, 08:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

London_Phil

Nope, just make sure you have a good, close fitting, flat blade screwdriver, different sizes for both jets.
When I removed the old ones, I put my carbs on a block so I could apply pressure as I unscrewed them.
New ones went in clean, and were nipped up snugly.
Main concern was the screw head slots are quite fine, and once damaged, could cause issues.

London_Phil

Trimac

Thanks a lot Phil
This has helped me a lot
Kind regards
Trimac

Danwarb

Thanks for your post here Trimac, it's risen this thread to the top and I've got to read it from the start.

I'm now the happy owner of this bike Phil did the work on and must say, it flipping pulls so much more evenly and with better power than my 98 Tiger did before this.

:thumbsup
Black 1995 Tiger 885
Every day is a school day.

London_Phil

Quote from: Danwarb on April 20, 2017, 08:13:01 PM
Thanks for your post here Trimac, it's risen this thread to the top and I've got to read it from the start.

I'm now the happy owner of this bike Phil did the work on and must say, it flipping pulls so much more evenly and with better power than my 98 Tiger did before this.

:thumbsup

That poor bike, its only used to a grumpy old man driver, used to riding V Twin Dinosaurs
4K on the tacho, good grief, wheres the fire.......................

JayDub

Quote from: London_Phil on April 20, 2017, 08:47:16 PM
That poor bike, its only used to a grumpy old man driver, used to riding V Twin Dinosaurs
you have to let go Phil... set her free  :icon_biggrin:

Danwarb

Quote from: London_Phil on April 20, 2017, 08:47:16 PM

I won't tell you how much I've got out of her down the motorway.

:rfl

Black 1995 Tiger 885

London_Phil

And now your complaining the engine is making a slight noise....   :bug_eye     No refunds boyo......   

Danwarb

Quote from: London_Phil on April 23, 2017, 12:11:13 AM
And now your complaining the engine is making a slight noise....   :bug_eye     No refunds boyo......

No one is complaining Phil?  :icon_scratch:

If there where problems from an engine from the odd quick blast I'd be worried. If any thing the odd blast up to near full revs enables the machines carbs to be cleaned out.

My Honda CBX750F red lined at 10,000 revs and had a power band that kicked in at 7,000!! With the way you've jetted the carbs on this steamer there's so much fun with the acceleration at the low end that I don't feel the need to ride the bike at high revs.

:qgaraduate
Black 1995 Tiger 885

London_Phil

Quote from: London_Phil on April 23, 2017, 12:11:13 AM

Sorry Dan, that was meant to be a lighthearted response, probably needed more emojis....