News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

T300 Series (tiger)??

Started by stewy, May 04, 2009, 06:59:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stewy

Ok guys i am a bit confused and hopefully someone here can help me sort this mess out.....

i recently picked up a rear rim from a wreckers (i said i need a rear rim to fit a 1994 Tiger, they say yep we have one, go down pick it up all is good), finally get around to looking at it over the weekend and realise it's got written on it T300. I thought the steamers were T400 series?? :?

So now i have a rim from a T300 series something, is there a T300 Tiger ever built? Is it the same as the T400 steamers

My next question is in regards to the rotors, because from what i have read i need a 255mm rotor for the 94 steamer. Now the hub i have has 5 mounting points for the rotor, is this correct or should it have 6 mounting holes for the rotor (was told they should have 6 when i went to order the rotor? I also want to keep the 255mm standard size as to not stuff around changing the rear caliper position to suit something else.

Also on the side of the rim it does has a rim size (left size at home) but can someone tell me what the stock size rim size is (not tyre size) for the steamer.....

Hopefully i can sort out this mess and am not out of pocket with a rim that is no good to me :(  

Thanks

aeronca

ok stewy - here's whats on my 95's rim:

d.i.d.  japan    80  2311  1115

j 17xmt   3.00   8  94  dot  (this should be the month and year  and rim size)

5 bolts on the rotor

hope this helps,         eric
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

aeronca

i took a second look at it and didn't see any markings  like t400   or t300  on it any where.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

stewy

thanks so much for that.....yeah i am not quite sure what this T300 thing is.....it's been written on with a marker (i assume by the wrecker) but on the rim it's says 17 x M3.0 so i guess either the tiger shared the same rear rim as the T300 series (whatever they are) because i found out last night that the steamers are listed as a T400 but geez it's hard trying to figure out whats what......so looks like it will fit, i will get the carrier and have it laced up and see how i go.

Thanks so much for your help

aeronca

Quote from: stewythanks so much for that.....yeah i am not quite sure what this T300 thing is.....it's been written on with a marker (i assume by the wrecker) but on the rim it's says 17 x M3.0 so i guess either the tiger shared the same rear rim as the T300 series (whatever they are) because i found out last night that the steamers are listed as a T400 but geez it's hard trying to figure out whats what......so looks like it will fit, i will get the carrier and have it laced up and see how i go.

Thanks so much for your help

no prob-o-la.  post some pics of that thing.       eric
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!