News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Puzzling discovery with Tune ECU

Started by Timbox2, December 13, 2010, 05:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Quote from: "Timbox2"What Im trying to figure out is if you took an early bike to a Triumph Dealer and asked for a new map to be installed which one would they put on I.E in Triumphs eyes does 10173 map supersede 10121, because I cant find anything fuel or engine wise that also changed on that VIN. I think Chris once alluded to this, that if you go to a dealer for a new map, theres no going back, Triumph only have the later maps.

Yep,right at the begining,I reckon even when I had my two 885's they said tunes were a one way ticket,and the got the same story with my 955 hence why the tune put in 6 weeks ago was the first for 6/7 years,it worked and I wouldn't take the risk of a dud like I'd had before,and even only had the latest one put as the old one had got a little woollie on the bottom end.

Timbox2

Quote from: "Chris Canning"You want to talk suspension,brakes wheels what have you  :D ,mapping and electrics  :oops: ,when I took mine in just before the winter set in,almost certainley they put 10173 in,but he also mentioned that, that had arrived in what ever format from Triumph a couple of days before,so is it the same number with a fine tune  :? .

I aslo see mentioned different airboxs,anyone want put a photo up of a later one,I'd be interested to see the difference.

If I can get through Xmas with the shirt still on me back I may be looking at a Wilbers or similar early in the new year, as for wheels, id probably be better off going the 1050 route, I dont have pillion issues, but the biggest problem for me is I prefer the Fugly look of the 955, now, if I had a nice big warm garage........................
2016 Tiger Sport

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "Chris Canning"....when I took mine in just before the winter set in,almost certainley they put 10173 in,but he also mentioned that, that had arrived in what ever format from Triumph a couple of days before,so is it the same number with a fine tune....

I remember you saying at the time.  I've been on to Tuneboy a couple of times to get the updated map out but nothing so far.  Once we've got it we can see what's different, although I think the mischief may be in the part of the software we can't see.  The bit that makes the decisions based on what the sensors are telling it.  If they change that it will make a difference, but we won't be able to see it in the tables.

What we need is someone with the new, latest tune to download it via TuneECU and Email it to me so I can convert it to Tuneboy and have a looksee.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Bixxer Bob

I've just had a look through my tune tables and found that all post 2000 marques of FI Tiger use a tune based on a 2000-2001 955i Daytona, 10071.  
That tune is then modified to all the other variants ie 10120, 10121, 10124, 10125, 10126, 10172, 10173, 10174, 10175, 10176, 10177.

This would suggest that latest is best  
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

NKL

I'm doing its 24k service over winter I'll take some photos of an 06 model airbox.
I looked in mine last time I was in there and the piece that you removed Chris is different.
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

Chris Canning

Quote from: "NKL"I'm doing its 24k service over winter I'll take some photos of an 06 model airbox.
I looked in mine last time I was in there and the piece that you removed Chris is different.

Take a photo if you can out of curiosity I'd be interested to see the difference.

Chris Canning

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"I've just had a look through my tune tables and found that all post 2000 marques of FI Tiger use a tune based on a 2000-2001 955i Daytona, 10071.  
That tune is then modified to all the other variants ie 10120, 10121, 10124, 10125, 10126, 10172, 10173, 10174, 10175, 10176, 10177.

This would suggest that latest is best  

Bob

Certainley in 2001 to probably 05/06 at least I remember the numbers being refered to as 13/14/15 etc,only at the death of 955 were codes used,but what I found in the early days felt great with a new tune in,and 3 weeks later realise the problem had been moved else were,as I said when I had this new tune put in,it felt great,but I've been had before,so we'll see when I've done a few miles on it.

Chris Canning

Quote from: "Timbox2"
Quote from: "Chris Canning"You want to talk suspension,brakes wheels what have you  :D ,mapping and electrics  :oops: ,when I took mine in just before the winter set in,almost certainley they put 10173 in,but he also mentioned that, that had arrived in what ever format from Triumph a couple of days before,so is it the same number with a fine tune  :? .

I aslo see mentioned different airboxs,anyone want put a photo up of a later one,I'd be interested to see the difference.

If I can get through Xmas with the shirt still on me back I may be looking at a Wilbers or similar early in the new year, as for wheels, id probably be better off going the 1050 route, I dont have pillion issues, but the biggest problem for me is I prefer the Fugly look of the 955, now, if I had a nice big warm garage........................

Tim

As you know I will have had my 955 ten years next april,I've ridden the Multistrada which I liked alot,but not all that relaxed to ride and way to expensive,hence the renewed efforts with old girl,and yes the garage is coming in usefull with this weather.

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: Chris Canning...Certainley in 2001 to probably 05/06 at least I remember the numbers being refered to as 13/14/15 etc...quote]

I've heard that before too but haven't been able to tie those numbers to the five figure numbers with any degree of certainty.  I dissassembled a Tuneboy file tonight and found that the 10173 is actually truncated and that the full number is : TEDT001010173O which ties in with the number confusion we had on here with an American dealer a while back.  

Learning all the time....

Timbox2

Quote from: "Chris Canning"..................................and yes the garage is coming in usefull with this weather.

Funnily enough I asked my nextdoor neighbour If I could put the bike in his garage last night, and Ive woken up to a blanket of snow everywhere, so the bike is going to be garaged for a few days I would think, handy for having the wheels and suspension off for a re-grease, cant get the car out today either so no work, shame :D
2016 Tiger Sport