News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2001 tiger build

Started by johnwesley, October 02, 2010, 11:25:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnwesley

I bought a 01 tiger on sept 24, 2010. Since then I have put 6,000 miles on it and have done a few mods to it. It came with heated grips, crash bars, and a cee bailys shield.  

I stoped at a friends house about 1200 miles from me and decided I need highway pegs

That worked great for the trip to Happy-trail which just happens to be anothe 1,000+ miles. I did stop and do a rally on the way, but that is another thread.

Happy-trail set me up with a bunch of goodies and installed them  :D

first order of bussiness is pegs

then racks

and of course you need panniers for that rack

then of was time for rox risers and trimimg of the windshield so I can trun full lock

the guys at H-T were great to work with and I have a set of piaa 510s on the way.  H-T then set me up with Bill Mayers to have a custom seat done, so now its another 875 miles day. By this time I know what I do not like about the stock seat  :shock:

zadok_oz

Sounds like you have discovered the joy of owning a Tiger. Nice one, John. :D
Marty F
\'03 Tiger 955i

chairhead

Wow!,
some serious farkles there John,nice panniers
and some serious riding too :shock: ,875 miles in a day,spectacular!! :bowdown thats a long day in a shitty saddle i know.
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

johnwesley

made a trip out to Ojai, Ca cause I hade a pain in the butt

so I come out with this

cool job here is some of the process

I did a ride in and the shaped and sent me off on a test ride and then repeat. I liked the shop and customer care. Did a great job and I choose leather. then I drove the 2,000 miles home.

overall pic of bike set up with seat

the ride home was 2,000 miles. I whish the foor pegs were longer. the rear break guard sticks out so far that it pushes my foot partly off the peg

Bixxer Bob

Is that thing with the yellow lid a BBQ?
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

johnwesley

could be  8)

nope I put it on my bike before I had the panniers installed. needed some way to haul my junk. It came off my KLR

see

johnwesley

links to other mods I have done or am working on

skid plate

shifter

suspension

johnwesley

while i am waiting on the suspension, I decided to rework the header. I wanted more ground clearance, so off to the chop shop she goes.  I'm not a good fabracator or welder. It seems to work though.

Pics will show whats going on. should gain some ground clearance

what it looked like before

after