News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Best exhaust options

Started by mtrdrms, August 02, 2011, 03:16:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

metalguru

Yes I have noticed the diameter difference, it seems dependant on year of manufacture as the later off road had the larger diameter. This can be overcome by drilling the rearmost plate, first removing the end cover, (the one the tail pipe exits from) with at least 3/4" drill and if long enough the other bulkheads in the can giving the same characteristics of the TOR.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

metalguru

Talking of mods on cans, this pic is my 885 that died last year, most of the end plate was removed and the inner bulkhead drilled. The MOT tester thought it was perhaps a wee bit noisey but sounded great. It worked very well and equal to an aftermarket can with remapping. (Note no tail pipe at all). Obviously to get a standard can to TOR spec the mods do not have to be extreme as this.

But

LOUD pipes save lives,

Police sometimes do not agree!![/url]
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
1993 DR200
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
2 Crossers

rcgomes

hello, so well researched and I choose the dual oval stainless evo and not trioval  because people have commented that it is difficult to assemble, and over time tends to loosen and come out with the vibration. But the site Blueflame is very poor in information, have sent 2 emails and not respond, wondering if the can comes with link pipe, clamp etc.. And by the way the new logo looks like a sticker Can not? will melt with the heat? and know if the blueflame exhaust will worsen the acceleration at low rpm? midrange? I like when I'm on a hill and Accelerates and she responds immediately, it is not necessary to change lower gear Thanks

https://www.blueflameperformance.com/bi ... kout/cart/

metalguru

Got a sticker on my carbon can co exhaust and it has not melted yet.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
1993 DR200
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
2 Crossers