News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I bought another one!

Started by rf9rider, September 18, 2011, 02:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

i really dont like you.  now i seen that underslung torque arm and the fact the hugger looks a lot neater with it, i want one  :(  :lol:
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

rf9rider

Quote from: "pegleg"Any chance you could put up a video of this beast running?
Would love to hear those cans singing.:twisted:

Daz.

I`ll try and take a video over the weekend mate.

rf9rider

Quote from: "rybes"i really dont like you.  now i seen that underslung torque arm and the fact the hugger looks a lot neater with it, i want one  :(  :lol:

Straight swap for the original brake set up, so it`s  an easy mod mate  :)

rybes

apart from the vfr torque arm what caliper n hanger did you use or can ya get away with just swingin the hanger round ?

rf9rider

Got mine from a Trophy, you need the hanger too as its different to the original, the off set is different, it won`t line up with the disc.

Sin_Tiger

Seat's on the way :D
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rf9rider

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Seat's on the way :D

Thanks Niall  :D

rf9rider

All done, few minor niggles to sort out.
Been out for a test ride this afternoon, all is well.
Found the spare tank was leaking around the tap,(more to come on that) so borrowed the tank off Steamer 1 for a few days while i get it MOT`ed.

Heres what i started with...........

Here`s how she looks now, just the paint job to come

rf9rider

And here`s a vid i tried, quality not brilliant  :lol:

It sounds a little deeper in real life

rybes

rybes

seriously tho mate. thats lookin proper nice  8)  youve made a tiger look chunkier than they are  :thumbsup cant wait to see ya new paintwork on it.

rf9rider

Cheers mate, just got to sort out the leaky tank, get it MOT`ed and i can get it painted.
Then i can start riding instead of working on it :lol:

rf9rider

Started on the tank repair.

Seems the previous owner made the tap hole bigger for some unknown reason, so when i fitted the Pingel tap, there wasn`t enough plastic between the hole and the edge to get a decent seal.
Rubbed down the area around the tap..........

So out with the Araldite which is supposed to be petrol resistant, a good coat on each surface, then bolted the Pingel adaptor plate to the tank............

Leaving it for 24 hours to go off, then try again  :lol:

rf9rider

Tank repair didn`t work, don`t  think the araldite was suitable as it didn`t stick to the plastic very well.
Going to try some JB weld when it arrives.
If that doesn`t work i`ll be looking for another tank!  :cry:

Mustang

why not just make a wider adapter plate and use an oring for a seal .

less chance of a leak that way than relying on expoxy (JB Weld) to seal it