News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I bought another one!

Started by rf9rider, September 18, 2011, 02:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

I like the white faced clocks, what did they come off?
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rf9rider

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"I like the white faced clocks, what did they come off?

Any of the early T3 bikes will fit, these were off a Daytona 1000

rf9rider

Quote from: "rybes"
Quote from: "rf9rider"
Quote from: "rybes"whats that torque arm off ? i want one  8)
Its from a Honda VF1000, pretty rare, took a couple of months to find it, from  Ebay, USA.

ya never saw this one then :lol:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270826374766? ... 1423.l2649

have a good hols mate  :D

Cheers mate, its 25 degrees here, and cheap beer!

That wasnt for sale when i was looking  :?

rf9rider

I`m back from  hols  :cry:

Just got to check with neighbour to see if any parcels arrived while i was away, so expect a little more drivel soon......... :lol:

rf9rider

Couple more jobs done.
Daytona indicators fitted on the front

rf9rider

Got the rear brake fitted, underslung from a Trophy, torque arm from a Honda VF1000, looks a lot better than the original i think.
Just need to order a red Venhill brake line.

rf9rider

Finally got around to fitting the front levers, Chinese cheapies!  :lol:

Original handguards need modding, the adjuster lever catches.

MarkShelley

Good luck with modding the handguards. I had a go and couldn`t get it to work acceptably. By the time I got the clearance the things would not clamp tight and just flapped about. I ended up binning them and spraying up an old set of Acerbis guards. They look better anyway.
Make sure the little nuts and bolts are done up tight on the levers. They were hand tight on mine!
This ole World keeps spinning round, it`s a wonder tall trees aint layin down.

Tiger 900
BMW R1100GS
Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California
Yamaha TT250R
Yamaha DT50MX
Honda MT50/C90 Hybrid racing moped!
Yamaha DT50MX

rf9rider

Quote from: "MarkShelley"Good luck with modding the handguards. I had a go and couldn`t get it to work acceptably. By the time I got the clearance the things would not clamp tight and just flapped about. I ended up binning them and spraying up an old set of Acerbis guards. They look better anyway.
Make sure the little nuts and bolts are done up tight on the levers. They were hand tight on mine!

I did think about getting some aftermarket guards, what you got on yours?

MarkShelley

Mine are this type

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Acerbis-Rally ... 4ab52a879e

They were white and had been fitted to my now departed XTZ660. I have sprayed them black and they lookl pretty good. You will have to cut the levers to get them to fit. There is a little notch in the levers. That is where I cut them.

Pop in and take a look if you are passing :D
This ole World keeps spinning round, it`s a wonder tall trees aint layin down.

Tiger 900
BMW R1100GS
Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California
Yamaha TT250R
Yamaha DT50MX
Honda MT50/C90 Hybrid racing moped!
Yamaha DT50MX

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "MarkShelley"Make sure the little nuts and bolts are done up tight on the levers. They were hand tight on mine!

:iagree  A Mate got a set for me and fitted them while I was away, never thought to check the screws and within 100km I had one extremely shortie brake lever :roll:

If you haven't already done it, I suggest you take the reflectors off now and clean out the inside of the lens and the reflector surface with some alcohol based cleaner, you will be surprised at the muck that's in there.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rf9rider

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"
Quote from: "MarkShelley"Make sure the little nuts and bolts are done up tight on the levers. They were hand tight on mine!

:iagree  A Mate got a set for me and fitted them while I was away, never thought to check the screws and within 100km I had one extremely shortie brake lever :roll:

If you haven't already done it, I suggest you take the reflectors off now and clean out the inside of the lens and the reflector surface with some alcohol based cleaner, you will be surprised at the muck that's in there.

Doing the headlights now, had to take them off to fit some HID bulbs i got coming  :)

rf9rider

A bit more done, as spent most of the day boxing all my spares up ready for the lucky highest bidder!  :lol:

Got the spiral wrap fitted over the brake lines, bit of protection to stop them rubbing on the frame

rf9rider

Got the rear brake finished, new Venhill line with stainless fittings, new pads and bled through.

rf9rider

Starting to sort out my spare body work, fitted the Pingel tap i bought a year ago to the spare tank.

Adaptor plate on first

Then the tap screws into the plate

All done, leaving it overnight for the hylomar to go off, then fill up and check for leaks