News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I bought another one!

Started by rf9rider, September 18, 2011, 02:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rf9rider

Quote from: "Mustang"why not just make a wider adapter plate and use an oring for a seal .

less chance of a leak that way than relying on expoxy (JB Weld) to seal it

It`s not so much the width of the adaptor plate, it`s the size of the hole that`s the problem, there`s only a couple of mm between the edge of the hole and the end of the face where the plate mounts on.
I suppose i could try the Pingel plate and an o ring around the hole, with a bit of Hylomar to help seal it?

BigDan

Put a thick coat of paint over the epoxy to help seal it.
2007 Triumph Sprint ST 1050  - Add me on Facebook

rf9rider

I`ve ordered some o rings, so next plan is to build up the side of the mounting area with jb weld to give the plate a bit more area to sit on, then use the o rings under the plate, and use a bit of hylomar to help seal things and see what happens   :lol:

rybes

what length did your brake lines end up bein and what ends did ya use in the end ? ive looked throo ya thread but cant seem to find out what it was cos i thought yad said on here. praps im jus bein blind but i cant find it :lol:
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

rf9rider

Quote from: "rybes"what length did your brake lines end up bein and what ends did ya use in the end ? ive looked throo ya thread but cant seem to find out what it was cos i thought yad said on here. praps im jus bein blind but i cant find it :lol:

I got mine from Venhill, you buy the lines and fittings separate, the lines were 1100mm long, and used stainless fittings which screw onto the lines, used 1 straight and 1 20 degree fitting for the lever end, and used 2 45 degree fittings for caliper end.

Got them from here mate

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/uptheshop?_trksid=p4340.l2563

rf9rider

I got the Hel stainless banjo bolts off Ebay as i didn`t like the Venhill ones which have a allen key fitting  :)

rf9rider

Good news.
Bike passed MOT today with only an advisory about wear on the rear brake lever pivot pin.

Now just the paint to sort  :D

rybes

nice one cheers RF  8)  how chuft are ya now ya got n mot. pickin my bits up tmora   :D

rf9rider

No probs.
Well pleased with the bike, swapped my insurance over, just got to tax it and i`ll be out on it at the weekend and put some miles on it  :D

rf9rider

A bit more done today, finally sorted the leaky tap, a simple o ring cured that.

So, fairings off and spare tank on

Pingel fitted, i screwed it into the adaptor plate using Loctite 577 which is petrol resistant, then bolted the whole lot into the tank using the o ring around the  hole to seal it

rf9rider

Using the TT top yoke, the bar mounts are about an inch further forward than the original, so ordered a set of Rox risers a few weeks ago, they turned up yesterday, so fitted them while i had the tank off, a lot more comfortable now and be able to fit some handguards on without catching the fairings  8)

rf9rider

All road legal now  :D

rf9rider

Just to add about the Pingel tap, while i was checking for leaks, i drained it with the tap on, then switched to reserve and measured the amount.
You only have around 1 litre, just under 1/4 uk gallon on reserve.
Better keep an eye out on the mileage then  :lol:

rybes

a litre  :shock: looks like youll be usin the fuel light to top up on then  :lol:

rf9rider

Quote from: "rybes"a litre  :shock: looks like youll be usin the fuel light to top up on then  :lol:

Yup, i checked it twice, only a litre left on reserve.
Think it`s about the same as the Yamaha tap that i used on Steamer 1.
I`ll have to check the low level fuel light works or keep a close eye on the mileage  :lol: