News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I bought another one!

Started by rf9rider, September 18, 2011, 02:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

Mine worked during the rebuild but hasn't worked since :roll:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rf9rider

All back together, as spent most of today tweeking the front fairing bracket, all the front fairings line up now, so i`m taking it to the painters during the week to let him have a look, as he`s only seen it with a good tank on, here`s whats in store for him with my spare tank :lol:

Its not that bad, looks like someones had a go at it with coarse sandpaper, and the paints down to the bare plastic in a couple of places........................at least it doesn`t leak now :D

rf9rider

Finally fitted the new airbox covers i bought a while ago, aftermarket ones from Nik off Ebay, look pretty good quality, look stronger than original ones.

Had to dremel down the left side one, as it was catching the tank where the tap mounts.

rybes

hell have his work cut out for him then :lol: i tried rubbin my paint down but gave up. coulda done with a DA hands were jus too much hard work  :lol:
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

rf9rider

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Mine worked during the rebuild but hasn't worked since :roll:

Checked mine today, it works  8)

rybes

whered you get ya fairin bolts from ?

rf9rider

Quote from: "rybes"hell have his work cut out for him then :lol: i tried rubbin my paint down but gave up. coulda done with a DA hands were jus too much hard work  :lol:

He told me last week he would have to completely rub down the panels where the bare plastic was showing through.

Just the tank and headlight fairing that have the plastic showing through.

rf9rider

Quote from: "rybes"whered you get ya fairin bolts from ?

The bolts are M6 stainless countersunk, i get them from a local shop, around 12p each! The countersunk washers are from Pro Bolt, they`re aluminium.

The M5 ones on the headlight fairing are from Ebay

rf9rider

It`s finally  stopped raining here, so had a ride over to the painters this morning.
Booked in for Monday morning, should be ready by next Friday, so that gives me a chance to get out on it over the weekend if the rain holds off  :roll:

rf9rider

Well, still raining here, so never got out for a ride  :roll:

Got the bodywork off ready for the painters in the morning  :D

Garage looks a bit empty now Steamer 1 has gone  :cry:

rf9rider

Spare seat is somewhere in the postal system on it`s way to get rebuilt Corbin style.

Finally coming together  :)

rybes

i like piles of bits. means somthins about to get done  :D

rf9rider

Quote from: "rybes"i like piles of bits. means somthins about to get done  :D

I don`t, means more work  :lol:

Should be done by Friday, so hopefully all finished next weekend, and the sun will be out, and i`ll get some riding done  :)

rf9rider

Panels have been dropped off at the painters, along with the decals and all the instructions, what can go wrong?  :lol:

rybes

do you want me to tell ya  :lol: