News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

What Tank Bag

Started by Chris Canning, October 04, 2011, 03:14:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Without me going into a long winded story what kind of tank bag do you use,anyone got one close to 30liters.

Sin_Tiger

I swear by the SW Motech tank ring system, they have a range of bags but with a bit of ingenuity you can adapt any bag yo like that fits the tank shape.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Timbox2

The one I was using Chris was the Hein Gericke Tuareg, but only up to 25ltrs expanded apparently, still got it and no use to me anymore, but dont know if big enough for you.
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

Tim

When I settle up for the bits bring it with you or we'll do a cross gates before the weather goes down the pan,looking at all options,I may as well tell the story.

20 years(might be more) ago bought a tank bag from Belstaff,base straps on the tank bag zips on in a semi circle,zip go's kaput and buy another identical but from M+P,phone up M+P and ask if they have anymore,e'rrr yes one only and were going to stop doing e'm,so buy and hang it on the garage wall,the one thats 10 years the zips getting knackered,come to look for the new one can't find it  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :evil: grrrrrrr,trying to find one similar that will expand to 30liters is proving to be a test.

Thats it on the bike.

Famsa do one that size,but not for the tiger.

Timbox2

Chris, Could be doing Stafford in a couple of weeks mate.
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

jammed_stick

Touratech VP45
Total volume of 45 liters with sidepockets (25 liters tankbag+ 2*10 liters sidepockets ).
very satisfied with this product.
Sidepockets are detachable (zipper)
 :D

Chris Canning

Quote from: "jammed_stick"Touratech VP45
Total volume of 45 liters with sidepockets (25 liters tankbag+ 2*10 liters sidepockets ).
very satisfied with this product.
Sidepockets are detachable (zipper)
 :D

Looks like a contender,any more offers.

jammed_stick

Picture from my trip to North Cape (5700 km trip)
Gives you an idea of how the VP45 looks.
Note: the rain cover is not shown here.
As most of the tank bags it's not 100 % waterproof without a rain cover.
Just water and dirt repellant !
Map pocket is of course water proof even without the rain cover..
It's also quite easy to detach , zipper, which makes refueling easy.

Chris Canning

Does the bag zip down when it empty or with little in,re the waterproofing thats what bin liners are for or so my wife tells me I'm not trusted to pack bags  :oops:

Bakerboy

I have a vitually new genuine triumph tiger tank bag & harness for sale if anyone is interested,it's done one trip of 80 miles,even still has the instructions with it,I bought it with loads of other farkles,thinking i would be the proud owner of a tiger,which turned out to be a piece of s**t :oops:

Bakerboy

SENSIBLE OFFERS PLEASE

Chris Canning

I'd love it,but as we don't do panniers need a larger tank bag.

jammed_stick

Chris.
I'm not so good at English so I have might missunderstood your question about the VP45 tank bag.

The top bag: It has a zipper "going all around" which means you can adjust the height of it... if it's not fully packed just tight it down using the zipper which will lower the heigh...or vice versa,
The side pockets size is not adjustable in size and there is a strap on bottom of the side pocket that you connect to frame or as in my case the
crash bar so the pocket bag is always stretched and don't flap around by wind drag

BTW: As far as I know there is no water protective cover to use for the side pockets so you have to wrap the items you put in the side pockets in plastic bags if you don't want them to be wet..

JTT

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"I swear by the SW Motech tank ring system, they have a range of bags but with a bit of ingenuity you can adapt any bag yo like that fits the tank shape.

I'm with you Sin, I got one this year and it's the best setup I've ever used.  Easy on, and off, no scratching paint (as bag is actually suspended ever so slightly above the tank).  Lots of variety of styles to fit the Tiger too.
2003 955i Tiger
2005 KLR
1970 T100C