News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Trying to repair the rear suspension resevoir

Started by Bob Tosi, October 31, 2011, 04:28:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Tosi

So I dropped the bike on a ride, kinda hard on the left side and blew out the reservoir. I was trying to get the cap off to refill the reservoir and re-pressurize the air bladder. Used a little too much persuasion and broke the valve stem off. Also, I couldn't get the cap out, as you can see

Now what?  Comments from the peanut gallery will be tolerated for this dumb ass move. :lol:
Don't ever sell a Steamer !Steamers Rule!"

rybes

howd ya manage that ? if the caps still in and you need to get it out, use some air pressure. put the resovoir in a sock or somthing first. ittl stop everythin shootin out across ya garage and keep everythin in order so you know what way it goes back tgeva. just make sure its free of sock fluff and toe jam before ya put it all back tgeva.
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

BruKen

Yer f' ked now :shock:  It's a bin and replace job :?

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "rybes"howd ya manage that ? if the caps still in and you need to get it out, use some air pressure. put the resovoir in a sock or somthing first. ittl stop everythin shootin out across ya garage and keep everythin in order so you know what way it goes back tgeva. just make sure its free of sock fluff and toe jam before ya put it all back tgeva.

Thank you Rybes, now I know what to use that bundle of singles in the back of my drawer for  :lol:

That's a cracker sir, you'll get a dipstick nomination for that one, I'll pass you my statue at the awards ceremony  :wink:

Sorry in a bad mood cause my mechanic has been too busy to change the Steamers shoes   :(
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint