News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tyres again !!

Started by KuzzinKenny, November 12, 2011, 08:51:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KuzzinKenny

anyone dealt with this lot...........

http://www.oponeo.co.uk/tyre-details/me ... ont-tl-m-c

looks like a good price but no idea who they are  :?

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

PeteH

Price might be ok but then you need it fitted and balanced, for comparison I had a pair of Tourance fitted back in April £220 all in...ride in - ride out, tho not the ones your looking at.
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Mustang

KK
just so ya know ............the exp's  will wear out twice as fast as the regular Tourances

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "Mustang"KK
just so ya know ............the exp's  will wear out twice as fast as the regular Tourances

only lookin at the EXP's cos the regular Tourances cuppin issue  :?

i've still got a nearly new BW502 on the back but don't want to go for a BW501 as i've lost me confidence with them  :(

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Bixxer Bob

Do you go off road at all KK?

I get really good miles,  awesome dry and very good wet grip from my Pirelli Scorpion Trails but they are a more road orientated tyre. Smoother and quieter than blockies though  :lol:

Edit: much reduced cupping also......

And wild camping doesn't really count as off road, the PSTs will cope with that :D
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

KuzzinKenny

Cheers for that info Bixxer Bob  :wink:

as far as i've been able to find out, EXP and the Scorpion Trail are the same carcass as Pirelli own Metzler now  :? the EXP has 5mm tread and the Trail has 4mm  :?

its hard findin somethin to grip at this time O year with the damp salty roads  :(

EXP or Trail ??????????????????????????????  :?

KK

HockleyBoy

Kenny,

Not dealt with that site myself but having just bought a pair of Anakee 2s (after lots of research) from another site, can tell you that they are competetively priced on that site.

For what its worth, as an all year round commuter, I find the Anakee 2s grip and wear excellent both wet and dry.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

mat-tiger1

From my 'off roading' excursions led by Blacktiger at the meet in July :oops: I agree that my Anakee's coped remarkably well :!:

As i'm looking for replacements myself, it'll be interesting to hear everyone's thoughts on the subject  :lol:

I guess it's going to be subjective, horses for courses etc. But there must be an overall decent enough 'all rounder' that satisfies all :?:  

Or is that asking a little too much :?:  :shock:
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

Rocinante

My favorite is Continental TKC80:
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/29/393/14860/ITEM/Continental-TKC-80-Twinduro-Dual-Sport-Rear-Tire.aspx?SiteID=CSE_Gbase_14860&WT.mc_ID=80003&zmam=88421133&zmas=1&zmac=45&zmap=14860

These tires behaves well on tarmac, very well on gravel, and not so well in wet grass or mud. It lasts shorter than the Tourance I guess, but wear isn´t everything.

Except a short season on Pirelli MT21 which are very good on all off road stuff, but terrible on tarmac (high noise, unstable, terrible at braking - tried the hard way), the TKC80 has been my choice for 5-6 years.
www.dagjen.no
Once upon a time through North and South America:
www.rocinantestravels.com

Sin_Tiger

KK half yoir questions seem to be about tyres :icon_scratch

You haven't got a wee rubber fetish that you haven't told us about  :wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

blacktiger

KK if you want something that grips this time of year go for a pure road tyre. I've used the Avon Azzaro/Storm combination and they were really great at everything in every condition. Except dirt of course. :roll: I'm going to get another set when the Distanzias wear out.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"KK half yoir questions seem to be about tyres :icon_scratch

You haven't got a wee rubber fetish that you haven't told us about  :wink:

its latex actually   :roll:  :shock:  :lol:

forgot about the Anakee 2  :oops: didn't like the way the front wore ( misshaped ) on the A1's !! they have fixed that, right ??

KK

ps just remembered somethin i hated about the A1's !! they wouldn't hold there line in a corner, i had to readjust in the middle  :shock: or was that just me  :? are the A2's the same ??

Sin_Tiger

About to find out, just put A2's on the Steamer.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

HockleyBoy

Quote from: "KuzzinKenny"forgot about the Anakee 2  :oops: didn't like the way the front wore ( misshaped ) on the A1's !! they have fixed that, right ??

KK

ps just remembered somethin i hated about the A1's !! they wouldn't hold there line in a corner, i had to readjust in the middle  :shock: or was that just me  :? are the A2's the same ??

Have just replaced my first Anakee II front and whilst it did still cup in the end (around 18k miles I think) it wasnt as bad as the Is. I find they hold a line pretty well for a compromise tyre but havn't tried road tyres on the Tiger as yet.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

KuzzinKenny

Before i do anythin i'm gony check an see what the dealer has in stock, this time O year he might have a deal on  :wink:

wishful thinkin  :roll:

KK